Seeing mail in folders other than inbox?

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
jeffw
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jeffw »

We're just starting to look at ZCB. What's needed to allow a user to see mail from folders other than their inbox on their blackberry handheld?
Thanks!
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="jeffw"]We're just starting to look at ZCB. What's needed to allow a user to see mail from folders other than their inbox on their blackberry handheld?
Thanks![/QUOTE]
ZimbraBESUserFAQ - Zimbra :: Wiki
jeffw
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jeffw »

Thanks for the pointer!
I tried these steps:
Option 1: Set up from the BlackBerry device
To set folder redirection on the BlackBerry device, the BlackBerry Device Software must be version 4.0 or later.
1. From the Home screen, go to Messages.

2. Display the menu and select Options > Email Settings.

3. Display the menu and select Folder Redirection.
But I don't have "Folder Redirections" under email settings. The device is a 8700 that claims to be v4.1.0.194 (Platform 2.0.0.90).
Should that menu be there?
-j
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="jeffw"]Thanks for the pointer!
I tried these steps:
Option 1: Set up from the BlackBerry device
To set folder redirection on the BlackBerry device, the BlackBerry Device Software must be version 4.0 or later.
1. From the Home screen, go to Messages.

2. Display the menu and select Options > Email Settings.

3. Display the menu and select Folder Redirection.
But I don't have "Folder Redirections" under email settings. The device is a 8700 that claims to be v4.1.0.194 (Platform 2.0.0.90).
Should that menu be there?
-j[/QUOTE]

hmmm...do you see your folder hierachy? if you do, there should be "boxes" next to each folder. the boxes that are checked are the redirected folders, the boxes that are empty are the non redirected folders.
currently you need to do this folder redirection on the device, i.e. if you can't get it working on the device, do not perform this action in the BlackBerry Manager.
also you should only be redirecting top level folders since sub folders seem to get wiped on BES agent restart.
check out these open issues:

Bug 22863 - BB: Folder redirection settings not configurable via BB Manager

Bug 17035 - BB: Folder redirection for non top-level folders may stop working
jeffw
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jeffw »

[quote user="10339alee"]hmmm...do you see your folder hierachy? if you do, there should be "boxes" next to each folder. the boxes that are checked are the redirected folders, the boxes that are empty are the non redirected folders.[/QUOTE]
We are seeing the folder list, in the mail app. All of the folders other than the inbox are empty.
We have a newer BB (v4.2) here that we're trying to get activated so that we can see if it has the Folder Redirection.
[quote user="10339alee"]

also you should only be redirecting top level folders since sub folders seem to get wiped on BES agent restart.[/QUOTE]
Wow. good to know. I assume those are targeted to get fixed soonish?
-jeff
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="jeffw"]We are seeing the folder list, in the mail app. All of the folders other than the inbox are empty.
We have a newer BB (v4.2) here that we're trying to get activated so that we can see if it has the Folder Redirection.

Wow. good to know. I assume those are targeted to get fixed soonish?
-jeff[/QUOTE]
but did you see those "boxes" next to the folder hierarchy? if not, you might need to focus on the folder and hit the menu to bring up a redirection option.

just seeing the folder hierarchy is a good start though.
the bugs are triaged and assign a relative priority. the top level folders bug is a bit of a lower priority issue because there is a work around...only redirect top level folders. this is actually not a ZCB issue but it seems like a MS issue that we need to work around (see the comments in the bug). the issue with the blackberry manager is a more global issue that we want to address ASAP.
--tony
jeffw
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jeffw »

We finally found the menu item (terrible UI design) and it seems to work.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="jeffw"]We finally found the menu item (terrible UI design) and it seems to work.[/QUOTE]
i'm using a newer curve and the UI is definitely less ambiguous on this device.
dfriestedt
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dfriestedt »

I was finally able to find the Folder Redirection folder (for those of you looking):
It's Messages > Options > Email Settings > (hit Menu key) Folder Redirection appears....
However, when I check Sent Items under Folder Redirection, sent items from the desktop are still not showing up in the blackberry under Messages > View Folders > Sent Items.
Any ideas?
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="dfriestedt"]I was finally able to find the Folder Redirection folder (for those of you looking):
It's Messages > Options > Email Settings > (hit Menu key) Folder Redirection appears....
However, when I check Sent Items under Folder Redirection, sent items from the desktop are still not showing up in the blackberry under Messages > View Folders > Sent Items.
Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

known issue..just filed a bug for it
Bug 31204 – BB: messages sent from another client not seen on device