Multiple Calendars

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Multiple Calendars

Post by davidfsmith »

Any idea as to when we'll be able to sync multiple Zimbra calendars to a Blackberry, not bothered about seeing them as separate calendars on the BB, but it would be handy if my work, team, and training calendars where on the BB....
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Multiple Calendars

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Any idea as to when we'll be able to sync multiple Zimbra calendars to a Blackberry, not bothered about seeing them as separate calendars on the BB, but it would be handy if my work, team, and training calendars where on the BB....[/QUOTE]
seems like a BlackBerry server of device limitation

the">http://www.blackberryforums.com/afterma ... nders.html
the only way that we could "force" this to happen would be to have ZCB only use the default calendar folder for all calendar events. that is a major hack.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Multiple Calendars

Post by davidfsmith »

[quote user="10339alee"]seems like a BlackBerry server of device limitation

the only way that we could "force" this to happen would be to have ZCB only use the default calendar folder for all calendar events. that is a major hack.[/QUOTE]
happy with the concept of only one calendar on the device, just would be nice to have data from them all on the BB, after all as the posting you reference states, you can do it using the desktop software.
Risotto

Multiple Calendars

Post by Risotto »

[quote user="10339alee"]seems like a BlackBerry server of device limitation

the only way that we could "force" this to happen would be to have ZCB only use the default calendar folder for all calendar events. that is a major hack.[/QUOTE]
Major hack or not, from a user's point of view there is important data missing on the device. I guess most users wont realize that the device is limited to synching just one calendar and will get stuck wondering why some appointments are synced while others aren't.
I can't deploy ZCB while calendars are not fully synced.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Multiple Calendars

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="Risotto"]Major hack or not, from a user's point of view there is important data missing on the device. I guess most users wont realize that the device is limited to synching just one calendar and will get stuck wondering why some appointments are synced while others aren't.
I can't deploy ZCB while calendars are not fully synced.[/QUOTE]
ok...let me reiterate. we do not do any to block multiple calendar functionality. from what i read, this was a limitation of BES. you might want to take a look at the BlackBerry forums to see if anyone has figured anything out that may help you.
i was saying that from our research, it look like the only way to make this would would be to collapse all calendars into the default calendar folder. this is not due to limitations on the zimbra side, it would be to address a limitation on the BES side.
Risotto

Multiple Calendars

Post by Risotto »

ok, so please don't play the blame game. I know it is a BES limitation, though if there is something you can do about it, then please do. If the only way is to collapse the calendar, then why don't you give us the option to do that? It's much easier to explain your customers that calendar categories are not supported instead of having to tell them to either merge all their calendar entries manually to one calendar or to live with it, that anything not belongig to the default calendar will simply be missing on the device.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Multiple Calendars

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="Risotto"]ok, so please don't play the blame game. I know it is a BES limitation, though if there is something you can do about it, then please do. If the only way is to collapse the calendar, then why don't you give us the option to do that? It's much easier to explain your customers that calendar categories are not supported instead of having to tell them to either merge all their calendar entries manually to one calendar or to live with it, that anything not belongig to the default calendar will simply be missing on the device.[/QUOTE]
file an RFE
Risotto

Multiple Calendars

Post by Risotto »

Where do I file the RFE?
mmorse
Ambassador
Ambassador

Multiple Calendars

Post by mmorse »

Bugzilla

Register > File a new RFE > Conn for BES