Calendar Problems

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

Not so far, just had to wipe a users device which had eight calendars on it. Going to try upgrading to 4.3.0.164 tonight
wagazarm

Calendar Problems

Post by wagazarm »

I too am receiving this problem, but how I noticed it was when I was using the Outlook Connector at the office.
I got the BES configured for Zimbra (which is just simply sexy, guys) and everything synched just fine. I was using it like that for 2 days and everything was great. Then I got back to the office and opened up Outlook, which uses the Zimbra connector and noticed that my calendar on my Blackberry was populated with duplicated events.
On the Zimbra webmail client, it would only show one occurence of an appointment. But after opening up Outlook, I had two occurrences of everything, including 22 entries for my wife's anniversary (yes, I'll never forget it ever after that ...) - my Blackberry showed the same results as Outlook did.
I am ONLY experiencing this problem when I open Outlook and it attempts to synch with Zimbra, and am experiencing no problems whatsoever with using the BES and the webmail client.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar Problems

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="wagazarm"]I too am receiving this problem, but how I noticed it was when I was using the Outlook Connector at the office.
I got the BES configured for Zimbra (which is just simply sexy, guys) and everything synched just fine. I was using it like that for 2 days and everything was great. Then I got back to the office and opened up Outlook, which uses the Zimbra connector and noticed that my calendar on my Blackberry was populated with duplicated events.
On the Zimbra webmail client, it would only show one occurence of an appointment. But after opening up Outlook, I had two occurrences of everything, including 22 entries for my wife's anniversary (yes, I'll never forget it ever after that ...) - my Blackberry showed the same results as Outlook did.
I am ONLY experiencing this problem when I open Outlook and it attempts to synch with Zimbra, and am experiencing no problems whatsoever with using the BES and the webmail client.[/QUOTE]

are you talking about multiple events in the same calendar or multiple calendars? do you have outlook logs or zcs logs for when the dupes were created? i.e. when you launched outlook that time that created the dupes?
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar Problems

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Not so far, just had to wipe a users device which had eight calendars on it. Going to try upgrading to 4.3.0.164 tonight[/QUOTE]
can you do me a favour? can you stop the blackberry controller and then open up outlook and look at the account that is having the multiple calendar problem? if there are no multiple calendars in outlook, it is definitely something going wrong between BES and/or the device and we should probably contact RIM tech support and i can put an email through to our contacts over there. we don't see this problem internally at zimbra so i can't do that myself.
--tony
wagazarm

Calendar Problems

Post by wagazarm »

I'll get to that later today.
I did not have the problem at all until I opened Outlook on my laptop which has the Zimbra connector on it. Here's how I think the problem happened for me:
If I add an appointment from Outlook, it would synch it to my Blackberry just fine. It would show up only once. However, if I added an appointment FROM my Blackberry, it would synch up twice. Zimbra webmail would show it once, Outlook would show it twice, and Blackberry would show it twice.
I checked my Blackberry and it shows 3 calendars on it. I color coded them to figure out which one is the live one ... Now I just need to get the other two off. I'll play around with this a little more and get back to you.
Lynner
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by Lynner »

If you go into your phone and go into Advanced options and select Service Book there will be a list of different options If you go to the Service Desktop CiCAL and delete this. It will help with some of your duplicate calendars. Now I have had it where it has deleted all the (dead) calendars or I have had it where it has only taken away one duplicate calendar. So I guess its just a chance of luck that it will take them all off.

Good Luck =)
wagazarm

Calendar Problems

Post by wagazarm »

I had to remove CICAL and CIMIME to get it to delete the duplicate calendar, and boy after doing that patience really is a virtue. Resending the service book took a little longer than expected, but it finally removed the one it considered to be duplicate.
I haven't been able to get to testing this out further yet, but I've been using the web client since I noticed the duplication and I've received no further duplicates on anything.
I wanted to test this with the other Blackberrys here, but they are the 8830 with a lower OS than my Curve ... Theirs didn't support multiple calendars, so I'm the only one that ended up with the problem.
Overall, I am highly impressed with Zimbra and the BES. I was using a MotoQ with Zimbra Mobile turned on and while it was great, I started having moments of zero confidence with the Windows Mobile device. Reboots required, the OS locking up ... it was just getting tiresome. Granted, my experience was with the Q and others may have different experiences. A friend of mine goes through the same issues with his Blackjack from time to time.
I honestly believe the BES unlocks the potential of the Blackberry. My staff that is connected through Zimbra and the BES has never been this productive before. I am very happy we moved forward with the implementation and Zimbra has been a welcome addition to my company.
I swear I'll get to testing out the dup issue soon!
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Calendar Problems

Post by davidfsmith »

I've updated a couple of devices to the 4.5.0.37 (8110) version of the OS, and since having done this I've not had the duplicate calendar issue, only did this yesterday, but have had no issues since (the new view attendee availability doesn't seem to bring any data back though!)
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Calendar Problems

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]I've updated a couple of devices to the 4.5.0.37 (8110) version of the OS, and since having done this I've not had the duplicate calendar issue, only did this yesterday, but have had no issues since (the new view attendee availability doesn't seem to bring any data back though!)[/QUOTE]
how are things going? did the duplicate calendars come back? would they have come back by now?
sorry, but i'm not seeing this issue so i'm going to have to rely on you for the data :)