[SOLVED] Duplicate Address Book Entries

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
SMachiz

Post by SMachiz »

[quote user="10339alee"]can you guys upgrade to 4.1.6 of BES? i've been told there there are some rescan algorithms built into that release that tries to reconcile the duplicates.[/QUOTE]
I am actually running 4.1.6 currently (I tried that in the hopes of resolving this). I currently have 8 address books associated with 'Desktop' on my blackberry. :)
From my non-scientific analysis, it seems that this occurs upon restarting the BES server generally, which seems to occasionally kick the handsets to reactivate themselves and resynch with the server - and for whatever reason, this causes them to dupe the address book (though not the calendar - 4.5 also supports multiple calendars, I would've expected similar behavior there).
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="SMachiz"]I am actually running 4.1.6 currently (I tried that in the hopes of resolving this). I currently have 8 address books associated with 'Desktop' on my blackberry. :)
From my non-scientific analysis, it seems that this occurs upon restarting the BES server generally, which seems to occasionally kick the handsets to reactivate themselves and resynch with the server - and for whatever reason, this causes them to dupe the address book (though not the calendar - 4.5 also supports multiple calendars, I would've expected similar behavior there).[/QUOTE]

do you have any bes agent logs for this time frame? i'm really curious about this problem since we have not seen this internally. i believe that we might have seen some dupe contacts on initial sync but not any time after that. we also have not seem the duplicate calendar problem as far as i know.
--tony
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by stich86 »

[quote user="10339alee"]do you have any bes agent logs for this time frame? i'm really curious about this problem since we have not seen this internally. i believe that we might have seen some dupe contacts on initial sync but not any time after that. we also have not seem the duplicate calendar problem as far as i know.
--tony[/QUOTE]
i really don't know why you don't have this problem..
or you've a particular ZCB connector, or all you BB have OS that is
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="stich86"]i really don't know why you don't have this problem..
or you've a particular ZCB connector, or all you BB have OS that is

we are always using the latest ZCB connector and all of our devices are
very strange.
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by stich86 »

[quote user="10339alee"]we are always using the latest ZCB connector and all of our devices are
very strange.[/QUOTE]
now is clear..

there is no duplicate address book on BB with 4.2 OS (we've 15 bb on 20, that have OS 4.2 and doesn't got this problem)
SMachiz

Post by SMachiz »

[quote user="10339alee"]do you have any bes agent logs for this time frame? i'm really curious about this problem since we have not seen this internally. i believe that we might have seen some dupe contacts on initial sync but not any time after that. we also have not seem the duplicate calendar problem as far as i know.
--tony[/QUOTE]
Maybe I didn't phrase that quite right - we're _not_ actually seeing dupe calendars. OS 4.5 introduced multiple calendar and multiple address book support - however we're ONLY seeing dupes on the address books.
These aren't duplicate contacts - these are duplicates of the *entire* address book - , one of which (the 'working' one) is synched to the BES server (Wireless Synchronization is enabled) - the rest say 'Not Available' for Wireless Synchronization. A new Address Book is created on the blackberry each time the phone resynchs after a BES restart or similar occurance.
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by stich86 »

[quote user="SMachiz"]Maybe I didn't phrase that quite right - we're _not_ actually seeing dupe calendars. OS 4.5 introduced multiple calendar and multiple address book support - however we're ONLY seeing dupes on the address books.
These aren't duplicate contacts - these are duplicates of the *entire* address book - , one of which (the 'working' one) is synched to the BES server (Wireless Synchronization is enabled) - the rest say 'Not Available' for Wireless Synchronization. A new Address Book is created on the blackberry each time the phone resynchs after a BES restart or similar occurance.[/QUOTE]
that's exactly my problem..

for example, now i've 23 address book (yes, 23 address book * 250 contacts..), and i don't know why this happenend and i don't think that this happenend to a regular BES with Exchange/Domino (and this problem occur only with address book and not calendar)
David Strauss

Post by David Strauss »

I'm getting this problem is OS 4.5.42.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by davidfsmith »

[quote user="10339alee"]can you guys upgrade to 4.1.6 of BES? i've been told there there are some rescan algorithms built into that release that tries to reconcile the duplicates.[/QUOTE]
Aleady running 4.1.6, still getting the problem too.
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Aleady running 4.1.6, still getting the problem too.[/QUOTE]
is there any way that we can capture the BES logs surrounding the time where the duplicates are created for a particular user? we need to get to the bottom of this problem.