BES missing GAL

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
16113Chewie71
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

BES missing GAL

Post by 16113Chewie71 »

Currently still running the older beta of ZCB.
We lost the GAL in BES and can't add new users...it used to be there. Tried stopping/starting services and rebooting...nothing so far.
I can shutdown BES, launch Outlook, and get into the GAL from the BlackBerryServer Profile. From there I can go and browse the GAL in the address book just fine. All the names are there. They don't appear when I go back and start BES again though. I have also tried the "Update Global Address List" from Outlook....but it still doesn't seem to be getting it in BES.
Any ideas? We're going to upgrade to 5.0.9 and the new BES beta the weekend after next....but we have a user who doesn't want to wait that long.
Thanks,

Matt
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

BES missing GAL

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="16113Chewie71"]Currently still running the older beta of ZCB.
We lost the GAL in BES and can't add new users...it used to be there. Tried stopping/starting services and rebooting...nothing so far.
I can shutdown BES, launch Outlook, and get into the GAL from the BlackBerryServer Profile. From there I can go and browse the GAL in the address book just fine. All the names are there. They don't appear when I go back and start BES again though. I have also tried the "Update Global Address List" from Outlook....but it still doesn't seem to be getting it in BES.
Any ideas? We're going to upgrade to 5.0.9 and the new BES beta the weekend after next....but we have a user who doesn't want to wait that long.
Thanks,

Matt[/QUOTE]
there were some issues with BETA 2 regarding the GAL. These bugs have been fixed for BETA 3.
dowwy

BES missing GAL

Post by dowwy »

Is there any known way to get the GAL back once this has happened?
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

BES missing GAL

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="dowwy"]Is there any known way to get the GAL back once this has happened?[/QUOTE]
there are 2 mail profiles that are on the system. BlackBerryManager is what is being used when you are trying to add users to the system. You could delete and recreate that profile to get the GAL back. the problem is that BlackBerryServer is used by the BES agent and a user will not start if they are missing from that GAL even if there were added properly because the other profile's GAL was in good shape.
These issues are resolved in BETA 3 and it seems the cleanest way to fix this issue is to upgrade...