ZCB connector badlock?

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

ZCB connector badlock?

Post by stich86 »

Hi guys,
I've written to zimbra support with all logs of our BES server and ZCB.
We have experienced lock of BES server ONLY for some users (that doesn't receive mail and sync calendar).. after several restar of machine (no BES service) seems that this users starting receive new mails..
On your pdf files about installation of ZCB, there is a support case for MSPST32.dll that cause crash/deadlock of the connector.
We have currently 10 users to this new server, but I don't think that is a "large number" that can cause this issue..
I've already open a support case on the portal with all logs about the last two days where the problem come..
Hope someone of support can help me, because after a new clean installation the situation is very unstable than before, and my boss is become very rustrate about losing appointment and mail..
Thanks!
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

ZCB connector badlock?

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="stich86"]Hi guys,
I've written to zimbra support with all logs of our BES server and ZCB.
We have experienced lock of BES server ONLY for some users (that doesn't receive mail and sync calendar).. after several restar of machine (no BES service) seems that this users starting receive new mails..
On your pdf files about installation of ZCB, there is a support case for MSPST32.dll that cause crash/deadlock of the connector.
We have currently 10 users to this new server, but I don't think that is a "large number" that can cause this issue..
I've already open a support case on the portal with all logs about the last two days where the problem come..
Hope someone of support can help me, because after a new clean installation the situation is very unstable than before, and my boss is become very rustrate about losing appointment and mail..
Thanks![/QUOTE]

What is your environment? did you rebuild with Outlook 2007 instead of Outlook 2003? If so, then the Microsoft suppport cases are not your problem.
You might be running into the following bug:
Bug 30711 – BB: waitset does not fire for user
But a single restart of the server should fix things.
Another thing to keep in mind is that the BES services need to be started in the right order. Try shutting down all the services and force it to start in this order:
1. Blackberry Dispatcher

2. Blackberry Router

3. Blackberry Controller

4. Blackberry Alert

5. Blackberry Attachment Service

6. Blackberry Mobile Data Service

7. Blackberry Policy Service

8. Blackberry Synchronization Service
--Tony
rduric

ZCB connector badlock?

Post by rduric »

I have the same problem (ZCB Beta 3 and ZCS 5.0.7). Every Saturday, updates on a BlackBerry whose account had gone into the MAINTENANCE mode, during a full backup, would STOP. A restart of the BB Dispatcher fixes the problem for the users whose backup was completed before the restart.
The problem is that I have many accounts (over 40k) and the full backup takes over 30 hours to complete. So, for each of my 25 BB users, a start and an end of the maintenance mode is different and spread over almost 2 days.
I need to keep watching for the backup completion for my most important users so I would restart the BB dispatcher a couple of times over the weekend.
I hope that the 30711 bug fixes also this problem (backup maintenance mode) since we are planning to upgrade to 5.0.10 or 5.0.11.soon.
Is there anything I could do to resolve this issue before the upgrade? Thanks.