New calendar sync issue for *some* users

Are you using the Zimbra Connector for BlackBerry? Post your comments and questions here.
245centrex
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 245centrex »

I have an issue where *some* users can't sync appointments. None of the other recent threads sound similar to our issue.
ZCS 5.0.9 with latest ZCB Beta.
All users, working and non-working have the same BES IT policy applied which includes calendar sync.
If user creates an appointment on the Berry, Outlook's Sync Issues -> Local Failures Folder shows
[Details: GITERROR! Failed to get OOM helper instance.]) id (3019) type(appointment) message([Subject: Flight]
This leads me to believe that ZBC as such is doing it's work, because "some data" is hitting Outlook, so ZBC must be getting the appointment from BES and pass it on to ZCS, but then something dies..
10339alee
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 10339alee »

[quote user="245centrex"]I have an issue where *some* users can't sync appointments. None of the other recent threads sound similar to our issue.
ZCS 5.0.9 with latest ZCB Beta.
All users, working and non-working have the same BES IT policy applied which includes calendar sync.
If user creates an appointment on the Berry, Outlook's Sync Issues -> Local Failures Folder shows
[Details: GITERROR! Failed to get OOM helper instance.]) id (3019) type(appointment) message([Subject: Flight]
This leads me to believe that ZBC as such is doing it's work, because "some data" is hitting Outlook, so ZBC must be getting the appointment from BES and pass it on to ZCS, but then something dies..[/QUOTE]
for now, you can try to restart the controller service because that "resets" the problem. the issue is actually a dependency that ZCB has on Outlook.
Bug 31065 – BES Error: GITERROR! m_dwCookie for the GIT is 0, aborting.GITERROR! could not get the namespace pointer

Bug 31377 – Stop syncing if GIT error occurs
its a known problem and Zimbra is actively investigating. the problem will definitely be gone by 5.5 since the calendar conversion routines will be replaced with a more robust solution that has no dependency on outlook.
245centrex
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 245centrex »

[quote user="10339alee"]for now, you can try to restart the controller service because that "resets" the problem. the issue is actually a dependency that ZCB has on Outlook.

[/QUOTE]
Restart Blackberry Controller Service on the BES box ?
I rebooted the whole BES box the other day and it didn't help. I will try restarting the service and get that user account to create a new appointment on the Blackberry, to see what happens.
245centrex
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 245centrex »

Interesting.. Upon restarting Blackberry controller service on the BES box, I waited a minute to make sure it's all back up and then had the user create an appointment on the device.
Once she saved this appoinment, her device restarted BES activation. Not sure what that's all about as she was fully activated all along.
Anyway. this new appointment, created within 2 minutes of a Blackberry Controller Service restart, created the same sort of entry in her Local Failures:
Local Failures were detected. No action is required.

This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes.
Sync Type: Delta Sync
Sync Token: 15289
Store: Zimbra - Michelle Lang
Computer Name: Outbound-CS-9
Version: 5.0.2706.9
Error IDs:

id (3061) type(appointment) message([Subject: Safety Team Meeting]

[Details: GITERROR! Failed to get OOM helper instance.])
Is this covered by the bug you referenced, alee ?
stegbth
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by stegbth »

[QUOTE]

its a known problem and Zimbra is actively investigating. the problem will definitely be gone by 5.5 since the calendar conversion routines will be replaced with a more robust solution that has no dependency on outlook.[/QUOTE]
does this mean, zimbra 5.5. does not need outlook anymore on the BlackBerryEnterprise Server ?
Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU14.64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.6.0_P6
stich86
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by stich86 »

[quote user="stegbth"]does this mean, zimbra 5.5. does not need outlook anymore on the BlackBerryEnterprise Server ?[/QUOTE]
i hope..

because all the problem are releated to outlook :(
y@w
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by y@w »

[quote user="245centrex"]Interesting.. Upon restarting Blackberry controller service on the BES box, I waited a minute to make sure it's all back up and then had the user create an appointment on the device.
Once she saved this appoinment, her device restarted BES activation. Not sure what that's all about as she was fully activated all along.
Anyway. this new appointment, created within 2 minutes of a Blackberry Controller Service restart, created the same sort of entry in her Local Failures:
Local Failures were detected. No action is required.

This e-mail was generated for technical support purposes.
Sync Type: Delta Sync
Sync Token: 15289
Store: Zimbra - Michelle Lang
Computer Name: Outbound-CS-9
Version: 5.0.2706.9
Error IDs:

id (3061) type(appointment) message([Subject: Safety Team Meeting]

[Details: GITERROR! Failed to get OOM helper instance.])
Is this covered by the bug you referenced, alee ?[/QUOTE]
We're seeing the exact same thing. As far as I can tell there's really no consistency. It happens to some users once in a while and not others. I restart the BES services and a device or two will reactivate and everything's cool for a while again.
stegbth
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by stegbth »

[quote user="stegbth"]does this mean, zimbra 5.5. does not need outlook anymore on the BlackBerryEnterprise Server ?[/QUOTE]
what is version 5.5? (i think remembering a timeframe about a realease in Q4/2008) cause on the roadmap Enterprise messaging and collaboration: Zimbra's product roadmap is only Version 6.0 listed with an estimated releasedate Q1/2009
greetings

thomas
Release 8.6.0.GA.1153.UBUNTU14.64 FOSS edition, Patch 8.6.0_P6
fsiegel
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by fsiegel »

I have seen a number of posts now, where people get the error:
GITERROR! Failed to get OOM helper instance
Usually, before that, the log error is:
GITERROR! Could not create an instance of outlook, hr: 0x8002801d
We have finally tracked down the reason for this.
The error means that a type library is not registered. Before, we would tell people to repair or re-install Outlook. This never did any good.
I have only seen this happen with Outlook 2003. Specifically, it happens when a machine had Outlook 2007 installed previously, it was uninstalled, and Outlook 2003 was then installed. What happens is that the 2007 uninstall leaves some registry entries around that cause this error to happen. I'm not completely certain if this was caused only by a trial version, or if any Office 2007 uninstall causes this. The fix is relatively simple:
Control Panel-> Add or Remove Programs

Click on Microsoft Office 2007 Primary Interop Assemblies

Remove
The GITError should go away.