Client changes with Snow Leopard?

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
davecowen5

Post by davecowen5 »

Howdy, Zimbra folks --
I was hoping that those using the betas of Snow Leopard or the Zimbra devs could offer a bit of advice for those who will be upgrading to Snow Leopard over the next month or so.
1) Assuming that a Leopard machine is using IMAP with Mail, CalDAV with iCal and the current iSync connector for Address Book sync, will all of those applications continue to work as expected after the Snow Leopard upgrade without modification?
2) 5.0.17 apparently brought delegation support for CalDAV with the new Snow Leopard iCal. How is that enabled on the server side, and what client-side changes will be necessary to use delegation appropriately within iCal?
3) Will CardDAV be ready in both Snow Leopard and Zimbra, or will we need to continue to use the iSync connector? If CardDAV will be ready, is there any advice in migrating from iSync to CardDAV?
Let us know, thanks!
iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by iway »

We'd be interested in this, too!
gajones

Post by gajones »

same here.
davidfsmith
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by davidfsmith »

Snow Leopard will be available on the 28th August, be interesting to see what the Exchange support is like and what it means to the iSync product. With ZCO being a requirement for Windows I guess the connector is about to go away ? (happy to be wrong though)
iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by iway »

Can we get a statement from Zimbra as to the Snow Leopard support that will be available August 28th?
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

[quote user="davidfsmith"]Snow Leopard will be available on the 28th August, be interesting to see what the Exchange support is like and what it means to the iSync product. With ZCO being a requirement for Windows I guess the connector is about to go away ? (happy to be wrong though)[/QUOTE]
Have a look at http://www.zimbra.com/forums/isync-cald ... ard-2.html. CardDAV will apparently be supported in Zimbra 6.0.1 according to Zimbra Product Portal
Delegation: Bug 21489 – CalDAV: Add support for calendar delegation See comments 51, 58, and 61.
Another thing to look forward to is resolution of Bug 26619 – Include necessary LDAP attributes to provide ical oattendee lookups at the client side.
Exchange support per se in Mac OS 10.6 won't mean anything to Zimbra--the Exchange support uses the proprietary Exchange Web Services protocol.
robsee

Post by robsee »

It looks like Snow Leopard only includes Java 6. Zimbra Desktop only supports Java 5.
iway
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by iway »

Anyone tried this? Won't it work?
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

Um, ZD isn't really relevant to this thread although I ran across another thread in the ZD subforum about problems with Snow Leopard.
robsee

Post by robsee »

[quote user="ewilen"]Um, ZD isn't really relevant to this thread although I ran across another thread in the ZD subforum about problems with Snow Leopard.[/QUOTE]
Oops... replied to the wrong thread