iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
gmichels

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by gmichels »

Hello all,
I upgraded to Lion yesterday and now I'm having issues with iCal (CalDAV) and ZCS 7.1.1. I have multiple calendars in my Zimbra account and whenever I want to move an appointment between calendars, iCal shows the following error:
The server responded with an error.
The request for “Test Event” in “Entregas” in account “Colortech” failed.
The server responded with

“424”

to operation CalDAVMoveEntityQueueableOperation.
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ca3xw.png />
Any ideas? A known issue? Should I file a bug?
Thanks
notpeter

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by notpeter »

Please vote for Bug 62432 in Bugzilla.
I'm am also seeing this error under 10.7 Lion (retail). I can consistently reproduce it by doing the following:
Create a new event (by dragging or other means)

Double click the event to bring up the edit window.

Change the calendar (e.g. from home to work).

Click done.
Every single time. I actually saw this same problem with Snow Leopard as well, it would just silently revert your changes. I've learned to edit the description, press done, wait a second...and then move it to another calendar because anytime you do both Zimbra gets confused.
gabe58

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by gabe58 »

Does it every time, recreated a new Calendar, Re Sent the share, issue continues.
The server responded with

“424”

to operation CalDAVMoveEntityQueueableOperation.
tecnalb
Advanced member
Advanced member

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by tecnalb »

Yes, I am too. I have found that if I create an event, and wish to move, I cannot modify any info while performing the move or it gets lost. So I move, then update the appt. So much for being productive. Ha!
Daphoid

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by Daphoid »

Adding our users to the list for this very repeatable issue under Mac OS X Lion 10.7 and Zimbra 6.0.7
- D
Daphoid

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by Daphoid »

Any updates on this issue? It's rather infuriating to get errors every time I try and shift calendar events around and update things.
Luckily the users haven't overly noticed yet :)
- D
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by ewilen »

The status of reported bugs can be tracked in bugzilla and pm.zimbra.com. In this case, the bug is now tracked under Bug 62083 – Apple-iCal5: Moving calendar events between calendars fails and the fix should appear in 7.1.3.
If you have a paid license may I suggest you open a support ticket to request that the fix be moved up in priority? I.e., if 7.1.3 isn't coming soon, maybe Zimbra can put out a patch.
Daphoid

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by Daphoid »

Sadly we're still on 6.0.7; the 7 upgrade is indeed coming, but no need to rush the implementation of 7.1.3; we're a few months off so I'd hope it's out by then.
We're busy moving our customers to Zimbra 7 at the moment anyways, which takes priority.
- D
Tripple
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by Tripple »

Voted for this bug since 7.1.3 isn't coming soon I guess.
Daphoid

iCal in Lion and CalDAV

Post by Daphoid »

Well 7.1.2 just came out yesterday, so hope?