After Lion upgrade (Mac OS X 10.7) my account get's duplicated over and over again

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

After Lion upgrade (Mac OS X 10.7) my account get's duplicated over and over again

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="eike_reinel"]Bad news:
The account duplication problem is NOT solved in ZIMBRA iSync 7.1.2 connector... I got the problem again...[/QUOTE]Read the bug report and the post above - it is fixed in ZCS 7.1.3 and unless you've miraculously obtained that version before it's been released you won't have the fix yet. ;)
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

Actually, the duplication issue is bug 62321, which is currently marked WORKSFORME.
What people need to do is open support cases and provide more data to the developers. The workaround, if you're faced with this bug and you have to use Lion, is to use CardDAV, but if you do then you need to be prepared for some quirks involving contact groups at the moment.
3345JpMaxMan

Post by 3345JpMaxMan »

[quote user="ewilen"]Actually, the duplication issue is bug 62321, which is currently marked WORKSFORME.
What people need to do is open support cases and provide more data to the developers. The workaround, if you're faced with this bug and you have to use Lion, is to use CardDAV, but if you do then you need to be prepared for some quirks involving contact groups at the moment.[/QUOTE]
Just FYI - I am on Lion OSX 10.7.4 and just upgraded to Zimbra 7.2 installing the latest sync utility. I woke up this morning to thousands of duplicate entries and my ical program won't even respond. Looking for a way to clean up this mess.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

[quote user="3345JpMaxMan"]Just FYI - I am on Lion OSX 10.7.4 and just upgraded to Zimbra 7.2 installing the latest sync utility. I woke up this morning to thousands of duplicate entries and my ical program won't even respond. Looking for a way to clean up this mess.[/QUOTE]
Sorry I missed this until now.
Please vote for the bug. Also please submit a support request; these are not counted against your support request quota if they're for a bug.
But really, if you have Lion, I'd strongly suggest ditching iSync and setting up IMAP, CalDAV, and CardDAV manually.
yonatan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by yonatan »

[quote user="ewilen"]

But really, if you have Lion, I'd strongly suggest....setting up IMAP, CalDAV, and CardDAV manually.[/QUOTE]
ewilen,
Just curious, but couldn't you setup an exchange account instead of each service manually?
I currently only use IMAP (not CalDAV and/ or CardDAV), so if there's a reason such as compatibility or otherwise I'd like to know ;)
Thanks.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

No, currently Zimbra doesn't support Exchange accounts. Note: don't confuse "Exchange ActiveSync" as used by mobile devices with Exchange Web Services. See Bug 38631 - Enable snow leopard messaging features, Outlook for Mac 2011 for details.