Duplicated Contacts with CardDAV

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
gabe58

Post by gabe58 »

I've been following these threads, and I was a big fan of the move to CardDav in lieu of the iSync connector.
However, I am still getting duplicated contacts, thousands if it is not kept in check.
I don't understand where it is coming from, at first I thought Address Book was causing it, but it seems to me to happen on a timed basis. In other words, over the course of an hour or two it'll duplicate 10 or so contacts. It seems to pick contacts that are recently added, and it will continue to duplicate the same contact, even after it has been cleaned up.
I'm beside myself as to what to do. It keeps happening. I started to blame iOS devices, but those are all now running only CardDav, and I've killed the ActiveSync.
So I'm stuck. Any ideas?
scottharwell

Post by scottharwell »

I am also experiencing the same problems as described above. We are using CardDAV to connect all of our users to the address book. Every time a contact is created in Mac OS Address Book, it duplicates hundreds of times. Deleting them is only a temporary fix as they start duplicating again.
We have iPhone's connected via CardDAV and contacts created in the iPhone do not cause this. The only consistency we can find is that Address Book seems to be the cause. Unfortunately, telling people not to use address book isn't a workable fix.
Are there any logs that may give me an indication as to a sync or connection issue that might make address book think a new card has not been created so it just loops over and over?
Thanks for any help!
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

Above two posts split from http://www.zimbra.com/forums/caldav-car ... ain-2.html because this is a different issue. Duplicated contacts ≠ Duplicated account.
Since I switched to CardDAV on Lion I haven't been getting any duplicates, where I had some before. I was hoping that CardDAV would have similar results for my users, but if it doesn't, you may have luck with the approach I've used for iSync, found here: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/caldav-car ... post221635
scottharwell

Post by scottharwell »

Thank you for pointing me to your other thread. I will give that a shot and report problems on there.