iSync Connector not performing full sync

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
jncolin

Post by jncolin »

the problem has been immediately by the excellent Zimbra support; they said that a fix had been developped and would be available in the next version of the connector
griffon

Post by griffon »

[quote]I HAVE TWO USERS THAT HAVE THE SAME ISSUE (4.9GA). THEIR CALENDARS JUST STOOPED UPDATING THE OTHER DAY. DOING A FULL RESYNC DOESN'T CORRECT IT. I ASKED FOR LOGS AND WILL POST THEM AS SOON AS I GET THEM. I THOUGHT THE ISYNC WAS THE 'ONE' ZIMBRA FEATURE THAT WASN'T GOING HAYWIRE ON US :P.[/QUOTE]
LOG ATTACHED
sync.log.0.txt
sculi2000
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by sculi2000 »

Thanks for the logs. They don't seem to indicate any problem unfortunately. Can you look in your system log file and see if there are any errors that might seem relevant? Errors from iCal or Sync Services would qualify as relevant and interesting if they happen to show up.
Thanks,
Scott
solvsteen

Post by solvsteen »

I have resetted my sync and want to delete all Appts in Zimbra - and to push the ones from my Ical
It works fine until the pushing part. Only the Appts with other people attending goes through. the rest doesn't.
Did anyone find a solution - this thread is a bit old ...
Using version 4.5.1450

(from zimbra-isync-4.5.9_GA_1450.MACOSX_UB.dmg)
griffon

Post by griffon »

[quote]THANKS FOR THE LOGS. THEY DON'T SEEM TO INDICATE ANY PROBLEM UNFORTUNATELY. CAN YOU LOOK IN YOUR SYSTEM LOG FILE AND SEE IF THERE ARE ANY ERRORS THAT MIGHT SEEM RELEVANT? ERRORS FROM ICAL OR SYNC SERVICES WOULD QUALIFY AS RELEVANT AND INTERESTING IF THEY HAPPEN TO SHOW UP.
THANKS,
SCOTT[/QUOTE]
I TOTALLY CLEARED ZIMBRA AND THE ICAL DATA AND REINSTALLED. NOW NOTHING SYNCS FROM ZIMBRA TO ICAL (4.5.1571). I HAVE ATTACHED THE CONSOLE AND SYSLOG, THERE ARE ERRORS NOTHING THAT LEAPS OUT AT ME OR SHOWS A ROOT CAUSE THAT I CAN SEE (I AM NO EXPERT AT READING MAC LOGS THOUGH). ZIMBRA CLAIMS TO BE SYNCING CORRECTLY BUT NOTHING ACTUALLY CHANGES IN CAL (INCLUDING NOT ADDING THE CALENDAR AT ALL)

consoleken.log
systemken.log
Russianspi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Russianspi »

I know that this is an old thread, but I am experiencing similar issues. I have a user that uses ical and Address Bool to keep Zimbra synchronized with his iPhone. This had been working pretty well, until earlier this week when I did a reset sync. Then it seems that no appointments wanted to sync from the iphone or mail to Zimbra, but appointments created in Zimbra would sync to ical and the iphone without problems. I have attached the log (I think), gzipped, because it wouldn't fit otherwise. I generally get much quicker answers here than I do from support, so I thought I'd try this first.
sync.0.log.gz
sculi2000
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by sculi2000 »

This is a known bug and will be fixed in the upcoming 5.0.3 release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Scott
Russianspi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Russianspi »

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm on a trial, and I'm trying to justify licensing Zimbra NE. Is there a workaround for this issue in the meantime? Also, do you have any idea when I can expect 5.0.3? Is this a server issue, or an issue with the connector itself? Thanks!
sculi2000
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by sculi2000 »

It's a connector issue. The problem is caused by duplicate appts in iCal...which can be pretty challenging to catch (at least challenging to catch all of them...it only takes one to screw things up).
5.0.3 will be out fairly soon from what I understand.
Hope that helps,
Scott
Russianspi
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Russianspi »

Thanks again for the speedy reply. I know you probably can't elaborate much on when 5.0.3's coming out, but do I tell my boss days, weeks, or months? ("Fairly soon" is pretty vague...)