no zimbra calendar in iCal

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
erik.schwalbe

Post by erik.schwalbe »

Hello,
after installation of isync i can add the settings like server and username und i also can see and select in Calendars the calendar "calendar", which is orig. in zimbra. Now I sync manually, works.

When I open Ical now, i can see my old calendars, but there isn't the new one "calendar". On an other Mac System, where are no old calendars, the installation of isync works fine and i can see "calendar" in ical to.
How can i solve the problem??
Thank you for help.

Erik
System: Mac Leopard, Zimbra 5.02
petieg

Post by petieg »

Sure 'calendar' is your Zimbra calendar. In my experience calendar is for Mail.app tasks and Calendar is my Zimbra. lowercase is the mail.app task 'calendar' uppercase Calendar is from Zimbra. I know this doesn't help you in getting Calendar to appear but I wanted to show the distinguishing characteristics.
otisthegbs

Post by otisthegbs »

dont use the isync utility for your calendars if you are using leopard. just go into your iCal prefs and add an account. type in your username and password and server hostname. iCal will connect to the caldev server in Zimbra
petieg

Post by petieg »

CalDav is a great thing, but I've found it doesn't work that great over the 'net. I'm sure it'll work just fine on a local LAN. Somebody please prove me wrong!!!
otisthegbs

Post by otisthegbs »

really?
I'm using the OSS version of Zimbra for personal use and haven't had any problems with caldev at all over the net. in fact, i think i might be in love :)