CalDAV in iCal Not Syncing Shared Calendars

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
billglick

Post by billglick »

Starting last week we've noticed that none of our users can view any events on shared Zimbra calendars in iCal. The CalDAV account shows the calendar that is shared, but none of it's events. And if you try to create an event on a shared calendar, you get the following error in iCal:

[QUOTE]

Request Error

This is not a valid location for this request

[/QUOTE]
This is happening regardless of whether the calendar is shared Read Only or with Manager privileges. This problem was just noticed by our users starting on June 5. But, before that date some of our users were having problems accessing Read Only shared calendars, but not Managed ones.
All of our users reporting this problem are using the latest iCal 3.0.3 (1244) with ZCS 5.0.6. We're unaware of any of our users who are not experiencing this problem.
Any ideas why this is happening?
Roolio

Post by Roolio »

I have exactly the same problem. Using network edition 5.06 with latest connector. Using 10.5.3 with latest iCal.
I can't edit appointments in shared calendars via iCal.
Solution anyone?
Cheers
billglick

Post by billglick »

This has been addressed in bug 23671 which was just resolved in the last couple of days. The bug lists a way to resolve it on the server, until the fix is included in a new release.
Service
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Service »

We deleted our calendars and re-added using one word only (i.e. Calendar, instead of Shared Calendar)
All calendars now sync properly with iCal/Zimbra web Cal
Roolio

Post by Roolio »

Thanks,
deleted some calendars. Added them again with custom one word: Calendar
Works very well so far.
thanks again.
BarefootPanda
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BarefootPanda »

[quote user="Roolio"]Thanks,
deleted some calendars. Added them again with custom one word: Calendar
Works very well so far.
thanks again.[/QUOTE]
You can only have one calendar named "Calendar" and I have left my calendar named that. If I attempt to rename my co-workers' calendars I get an error saying that another calendar is already named "Calendar" - makes sense. So, the issue is still there...How do I manage other calendars in iCal? My co-workers calendars are showing up, but I cannot edit them in iCal - only in web does it work. Still just says "Not found"
Anyone have any ideas?
krambiorix

Post by krambiorix »

[quote user="BarefootPanda"]You can only have one calendar named "Calendar" and I have left my calendar named that. If I attempt to rename my co-workers' calendars I get an error saying that another calendar is already named "Calendar" - makes sense. So, the issue is still there...How do I manage other calendars in iCal? My co-workers calendars are showing up, but I cannot edit them in iCal - only in web does it work. Still just says "Not found"
Anyone have any ideas?[/QUOTE]
I have the same issue on iphone. It works giving the shared calendar a one-word name.

Isn't this STILL bug??