iCal don't stop collecting data from zimbra

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
khp

Post by khp »

Using Zimbra 5.0.9, Leopard 10.5.5 and isync-5.0.9_GA_2533 connector.

We use iCal to collect over CalDAV the Zimbra Calendar.

Sometimes iCal don't stop collecting data from zimbra. When this happens, the sync. sign on iCal never stops.

In the Mac Console I found the following messages:
02.10.08 13:24:09 iCal[1202]

[CalDAVScheduleEventQueueableOperation performComplete] response = "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"err = Error Domain=DAVErrorDomain Code=11 UserInfo=0xe68ccf0 "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. (DAVErrorDomain-Fehler 11.)"
02.10.08 13:24:09 iCal[1202] *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: VHostKey)
The only way to fix this problem is to remove the Account from iCal and reinstall the connector.
Does someone have a similar problem?

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks

Hp
Meanwhile we found the reason for the above problem.

This problem happens if a user uses iCal to organizes a meeting with invitations. This action forces the above mentioned error message. If I remove the meeting from iCal, the data collection stops.
At the end of the day we can't organize meetings and invite people with iCal. The only way is to use the webinterface of zimbra.

This is really a disadvantage for us. :(
Hp
stace

Post by stace »

We're seeing this with our install, too. Quite frustrating.
jkoyle
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by jkoyle »

I'm seeing this exact issue as well. Adding appointments is fine, it's only after adding attendee's that it breaks.
Any ideas from the folks at Zimbra? If not I'll open a case.
John
stace

Post by stace »

[quote user="jkoyle"]I'm seeing this exact issue as well. Adding appointments is fine, it's only after adding attendee's that it breaks.
Any ideas from the folks at Zimbra? If not I'll open a case.
John[/QUOTE]
I'm about to open a case. It's more prevalent than that -- if you delete an appointment in iCal that has attendees, it will cause the never-ending-spinning-gear on your sync.
dustys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dustys »

Has anyone seen a fix for this issue? We have users experiencing the same behavior after we upgraded to the latest ZCS.
stace

Post by stace »

[quote user="dustys"]Has anyone seen a fix for this issue? We have users experiencing the same behavior after we upgraded to the latest ZCS.[/QUOTE]
This is ostensibly fixed in 5.0.16 (yet to be released).
Bug 31489 – CalDAV: Unable to send invitation with iCal when the account was setup using an alias.
dustys
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dustys »

We did our upgrade to 5.0.16 and are still experiencing the issue. Guess we'll have to do a bit more digging.
DJS
seancasey

Post by seancasey »

[quote user="khp"]Using Zimbra 5.0.9, Leopard 10.5.5 and isync-5.0.9_GA_2533 connector.

We use iCal to collect over CalDAV the Zimbra Calendar.

Sometimes iCal don't stop collecting data from zimbra. When this happens, the sync. sign on iCal never stops.

In the Mac Console I found the following messages:
02.10.08 13:24:09 iCal[1202]

[CalDAVScheduleEventQueueableOperation performComplete] response = "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden"err = Error Domain=DAVErrorDomain Code=11 UserInfo=0xe68ccf0 "Der Vorgang konnte nicht abgeschlossen werden. (DAVErrorDomain-Fehler 11.)"
02.10.08 13:24:09 iCal[1202] *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: VHostKey)
The only way to fix this problem is to remove the Account from iCal and reinstall the connector.
Does someone have a similar problem?

Any ideas? Suggestions?
Thanks

Hp
Meanwhile we found the reason for the above problem.

This problem happens if a user uses iCal to organizes a meeting with invitations. This action forces the above mentioned error message. If I remove the meeting from iCal, the data collection stops.
At the end of the day we can't organize meetings and invite people with iCal. The only way is to use the webinterface of zimbra.

This is really a disadvantage for us. :(
Hp[/QUOTE]
Thanks dude, solved my problem very much apprieted.
Car Buying Tips upcoming video game releases gain weight Chuck Dvd