How do I get a copy of the iSync connector?

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
escoles

Post by escoles »

I'm trying to eval Zimbra, but can't, because I can't figure out how to hook it up with iSync.
I seem to need an iSync connector applet, but can't find one. I requested the network edition, and the message containing the license file also references a URL on the zimbra server to download the Outlook connector -- but not the iSync connector, it seems.
What am I missing, here?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Have a look on the support portal, it's there. If you don't have the login details then drop an email to Zimbra support for a password.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
escoles

Post by escoles »

I looked on the support portal; didn't see a way to download anything there unless you're a customer. I'm not.
I'm evaluating Zimbra as a hosted solution through a third party vendor, so I don't have a support account.
This is a lot of hoops to jump through to evaluate a hosted solution. I have since gotten a copy of the plugin from the provider I'm evaluating. Having a hell of a time getting it working (going back and forth with them on that). Ideally, I'd like to think my users won't have these difficulties -- but if they'd have a fraction of them, it's a major strike against Zimbra.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

It might have helped if you had mentioned you were using a hosted provider, they are the ones responsible for giving you support - you always get the support directly from them.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
escoles

Post by escoles »

Yes, it might have.
However, even working through them, I had to be provided with the connector. It would be quite simple to make it available as a download. And why not? It's not useful for anything but Network Edition, and Zimbra doesn't charge a per-seat licensing fee a la Exchange.
Interestingly, the iSync plugin also isn't available via the download link from a Zimbra install. That's an omission that should be remedied.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="escoles"]Yes, it might have.
However, even working through them, I had to be provided with the connector. It would be quite simple to make it available as a download. And why not? It's not useful for anything but Network Edition, and Zimbra doesn't charge a per-seat licensing fee a la Exchange.
Interestingly, the iSync plugin also isn't available via the download link from a Zimbra install. That's an omission that should be remedied.[/QUOTE]The reason it's not available as a general download is because it's still in Beta, did your provider tell you that? Once it's GA it will be available.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="14349czar"]I assume the iSync is available by now. Is it possible to use it with Community Edition 5 (Amazon EC2 instance) for evaluation?[/QUOTE]Please don't add posts to a thread that's four years old and when you already have a thread on this topic. It's only for Zimbra NE.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
14349czar

Post by 14349czar »

I assume the iSync is available by now. Is it possible to use it with Community Edition 5 (Amazon EC2 instance) for evaluation?
14349czar

Post by 14349czar »

Ok. I did not know that and the website is not really clear on the iSync topic.
So if all the good syncing stuf is only available in network edition, can you advise on how to evaluate it without having to deal with all the installation of a fresh OS and all small parts that Zimbra needs?
We are trying to evaluate the product for my company, approx 50 users, fully syncing with Windows/Outlook and OSX, iPhone/BlackBerry.
Thanks.