Mac Office 2011 connection

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
TerryO

Post by TerryO »

This (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/caldav-car ... pport.html) seems to be a dead thread. I am looking for instructions on how to sync mail, address book, and calendar with Outlook 2011. The majority of my users are MS Windows users with MS Office, which works fine. I have 6 Mac users and haven't found instructions on how to efficiently sync and use the GAL, address book, and shared calendars. I could use IMAP for mail, but that doesn't solve the address book or calendar issues.
Zimbra NE 8.0.5

Mac OS X Maverick

Mac Office 2011
eprosser

Post by eprosser »

I would like the same info! I have 400 people who use iMacs and MBP's with OSX 10.9.3 running Office 2011 and I would like to use Outlook as the Primary tool for Zimbra. Email sort of works ok, but contacts and Calendaring do not. WHERE is there something that outlines the steps to set this up? Everything I see is either windows or non-existent. Does anyone have any experience in this area? Anyone... Anyone.... Bueller?
Zimbra 8.0.7
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="eprosser"]I would like the same info! I have 400 people who use iMacs and MBP's with OSX 10.9.3 running Office 2011 and I would like to use Outlook as the Primary tool for Zimbra.[/QUOTE]Have you considered using Zimbra Desktop as your mail client?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
eprosser

Post by eprosser »

Yes and they hate it. Outlook is much more sexy and users like it.
eprosser

Post by eprosser »

Is there anyone from the company who has this information? Apparently the resolve is to use the "Zimbra Desktop" which is a copy of the crappy interface itself. I personally don't care what email system is better than the other just in case anyone chimes in to let me know. This is about my users. Zimbra is a tool we invested in and will continue to use, but my users would like to use Outlook and I think it's a great front end. The question still stands. Does ANYONE at the company have a step by step solution for users on an Apple platform that would enable Outlook 2011 to be the main interface (mail, calendar, todos, contacts). Is it something supported? Does anyone have this working? Has anyone tried to make this work? Is it reliable? What issues have you run into? Etc.
Current revs of Zimbra Appliance (VM)

Current revs of Outlook 2011

Current OSX 10.9.3
Thanks!
gren

Post by gren »

Outlook on Mac requires EWS support on the server. I'm not directly involved but that is one of the items planned for the upcoming 8.5 release.