External caldav calendar not syncing

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
stitheridge

Post by stitheridge »

Hi,
I have a problem with creating an external calendar that references a caldav server.
Steps to reproduce - from Calendar view:
1) "Add External Calendar"
2) Choose source "Add external calendar (other)"
3) Specify type ("CalDAV Account"), email address, password, caldav server host name
4) Specify name and colour for calendar and select OK
5) Calendar folder is created OK, but no appointments are displayed and the option to Reload is disabled in the context menu available for the calendar
There are no errors displayed through the UI and I've trawled through the various zimbra logs with no sign of any errors happening. The external calendar is accessed via a davmail server and there is no activity on the davmail server logs (i.e. ZImbra has not connected to the server at all). My caldav calendar is accessible to Evolution thick email client so I know the davmail server works just fine.
Can anyone please suggest how to fix this?
ZCS version: Release 8.5.0.GA.3042.UBUNTU14.64 UBUNTU14_64 FOSS edition.
netzlaff

Post by netzlaff »

Hello,

i have the same issue. From Thunderbird with Lightning Plugin my CalDAV calendars are fully accessable. On Zimbra Web-Client not.

My ZCS version: 8.5.0_GA_3042.NETWORK on Ubuntu
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

I think this is the same as the bug report : https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=85158

If it is important to you that this is fixed, I suggest voting for it on that bug report.
netzlaff

Post by netzlaff »

Yes, it's seem to by the same issue. But in your link they talking about version 8.0.5 and 8.0.7. We using 8.5.0...
stitheridge

Post by stitheridge »

Thanks both for responding. I'll add my observations to the bug report and my voice in support of getting it fixed.