Some appointments slightly faded colour, and those not syncing to Android.

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
zstephen

Post by zstephen »

Here is my software:
ZCS 8.6.0 FOSS edition
Android 4.4.2 using DAVDroid to sync calendar via CalDAV

Some events that I create in the zimbra AJAX calendar show a slightly faded colouring in the appointment(not through being tagged with colours), and I've noted that these 'faded' appointments do not sync into my phone.
I noticed this on an event that I originally imported via an .ics from meetup.com, but then I manually created the same worded event, and I ended up with the faded look, but when I deleted the Location entry, it would get its colour back and sync to my phone.
Attached is a picture from my calendar to show the faded look, it happens in all colours, it's just more obvious in some colours than others.

There is nothing inside the event that indicates any difference between them, just the faded look in day/week/workweek/month view.

I have assumed that this issue is a ZCS issue and not a DAVDroid issue, because the event was created from the Zimbra AJAX interface and this faded colour issue is happening.
My phone won't let me import those .ics files directly into it so I can't try out the reverse as such, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Thanks,
Stephen
zstephen

Post by zstephen »

Update: I just tried reimporting these same .isc files back into Zimbra's AJAX interface, and while they say they were successfully imported, now they don't appear in the AJAX calendar at all after being imported.
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

I suggest you open a bug at https://bugzilla.zimbra.com and add some of the problem .ics files as private attachments there. If you point me at the bug I'll see if I can spot anything odd in them.