Invite not existing users of local domain

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
GSchaden

Post by GSchaden »

We have a zimbra system hosting several domains. (e.g example1.com, example2.com)
Ical users have the problem, that if they add unknown users of existing domains (eg. notauser@example1.com) they do not get feedback. 
Server log shows that the postfix component responds with an "Recipient address rejected", but no info is sent back to the user. 
If he tries to invite an user of a non local domain (notadsfasdfuser@gmail.com) he gets an email, that the invitation could not be delivered.
Is there a setting to change this behavior.
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

Are your users using CalDAV? Interestingly, on Yosemite I'm not seeing the same behavior. In the inbox for the organizer, I'm getting non delivery reports for non-existent Zimbra domain addresses but NOT for a non-existent gmail address, which is the reverse of what you are seeing.
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Gren Elliot »

I think bug https://bugzilla.zimbra.com/show_bug.cgi?id=99330 is somewhat related to this issue. It would be good if the calendar entry was updated to flag delivery problems.
GSchaden

Post by GSchaden »

This is with CalDAV on Yosemite, but I have the same problem using thunderbird/lightning and CalDAV. I double checked, I get no reply for the unknown local domain address, but one for the unknown gmail address. Is there a setting in the mail component to change this behavior?