External Meeting invites showing at wrong times

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
ctucci

External Meeting invites showing at wrong times

Post by ctucci »

Apologies if this issue has been covered in another thread (I could not find anything on this). If so, much appreciation if you can direct me to that thread.

Running Zimbra version 8.6.0_GA_1178.NETWORK.

Running into an issue where users (using the Zimbra Web Client) Will accept a meeting invitation from a person at an external company (say XYZ company).

The invite will come in from XYZ company with a scheduled time at 2-3PM EST time on 6/1/16 for example. My internal users open the meeting invite, view it in Zimbra Web Client and press the "accept" button on the invite at say 10AM on 4/30/16. But the meeting time goes into their calendar at 10AM on 4/30/16 (when they viewed it), NOT at the actual schedule meeting time and date.

This is happening on two of my end users now and it is disconcerting because they tend to have heavy schedules and they are now having to look at the individual meeting entries to see if they are correct. The only common thread I have found between the 2 users is that they both use iPhones to view their Zimbra mail and calendars while out of the office.

Has anyone run into this? Any threads on troubleshooting or resolving? Like I said I cannot find squat on this and it is happening on 2 users in my environment (that I know of).
Gren Elliot
Advanced member
Advanced member

Re: External Meeting invites showing at wrong times

Post by Gren Elliot »

That sounds very odd.

Could you share a "show original" from Zimbra Web Client for these invites, and the same for the calendar entries?
If you can provide the output of "zmmetadump" for the calendar entry, that would be great too.

To find the right entry, I usually do something like this for user user@example.com and subject "Summary":

Code: Select all

zmmailbox -z -m user@example.com search -t appointment 'in:Calendar "Summary"'
That should yield the Id of the item (say 258). You can then do this:

Code: Select all

zmmetadump -m user@example.com -i 258 >/tmp/258.meta
Ideally, the value of zimbraCalendarMaxRevisions should be a reasonable number for the COS or Account of the user, so that we get some history of the changes to the calendar item.
ctucci

Post by ctucci »

Gren:

Thanks so much for posting that response. The next time it occurs, I will try to capture the information you requested.

On my own, I also found this posted by one of the guys with Zextras (Zimbra backup utility):

This is the exact issue occurring and both of our users experiencing access their Zimbra Calendars via their iPhones and iPads:

https://forums.zextras.com/news-announc ... round.html
joho
Advanced member
Advanced member
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.8.15.GA.4177.UBUNTU20.64

Post by joho »

This is rather odd, but we're seeing this in Release 8.8.15.GA.3869.UBUNTU16.64 UBUNTU16_64 NETWORK edition, Patch 8.8.15_P17 as well :-(

It did not happen in 8.8.12.

It doesn't seem to matter if the user accepts the invitation on his iPhone, iPad (both configured with ActiveSync/Exchange-style accounts), or the Zimbra web interface (we've tested with Safari and Chrome).

It doesn't happen for all users, which makes it even more strange.