Empty Calendar appointment spam

Questions, comments, and problems with Zimbra on Apple desktops & general CalDAV / CardDAV questions.
B-Rice

Empty Calendar appointment spam

Post by B-Rice »

Hey All,

I'm not entirely certain this is a CalDAV issue, but I cannot rule it out...

One of my clients was having sync issues with his outlook calendar through CalDAV (he couldn't see some of the appointments his secretary added for him), I looked at his CalDAV profile on both PCs and it all looked good. Since I checked it out yesterday he's been getting recurring empty calendar appointments, sometimes 5 and 6 at a time, all booked for the same time (usually the following 5-15 min interval). It's annoying him because he's getting notifications of upcoming events that aren't there.

During the same time frame, I also forwarded all his email from his MS365 account to his Zimbra account, not sure if this is a factor, but thought I'd add that info.

I have tried removing the CalDAV calendar profile from his (and his secretary's) calendar, but they are still showing up (which is why I'm not sure it's a CalDAV issue).
I have tried unchecking the "Automatically add received appointments to calendar" preference.
I have tried stopping the email forwarding.

None of these has worked.

Any thoughts as to why this suddenly started happening? And, more importantly, how I can stop it?

Cheers,
Brice
B-Rice

Re: Empty Calendar appointment spam

Post by B-Rice »

Edit" I forgot we have CalDAV at another location, so I'm back to thinking it probably is a CalDAV issue. I'll try removing the sync from there to see if that fixes my issue