Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop for ZCS 6.0 Guns and Roses

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
aldennis
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by aldennis »

Hi,
I have recently tested the beta release of ZCS 6.0 Guns and Roses and found out that it includes read receipt function and a lot of new features. Is there a new version of Zimbra Desktop that has the same capabilities of ZCS 6.0?
I am using Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop build 1593 against a ZCS 5.0 (Open Source) server running Ubuntu 8.04.
Thanks.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="aldennis"]I have recently tested the beta release of ZCS 6.0 Guns and Roses and found out that it includes read receipt function and a lot of new features. Is there a new version of Zimbra Desktop that has the same capabilities of ZCS 6.0?[/QUOTE]Not yet as Zimbra 6 is still in beta.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
aldennis
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by aldennis »

Ok, so I guess I have to wait till it reach GA. Thanks
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="aldennis"]Ok, so I guess I have to wait till it reach GA. Thanks[/QUOTE]You'll have to wait until Zimbra Desktop is released with those features.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
aldennis
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by aldennis »

So, no plans for that feature yet? I guess we just have to wait.
I have a question:

Can I install Zimbra Desktop for different users in a computer which is a member of a windows domain? Since Zimbra Desktop installs on the user profile and not on program files can I do a multiple install for each user? All of our workstation here uses Windows XP.
wietze

Post by wietze »

I have the same question. I am running a samba server as PDC, and the only way the Zimbra Desktop allows me to install it on the client windows machine is through logging in on a local account.
When I try to install Zimbra desktop as the domain administrator it will not allow me to do so, and an install by the local administrator account is not accesible to all other users using the system.
Is this something that Zimbra is working on, or has it not yet been suggested as a feature for the Zimbra Desktop?
Kind regards,

Wietze
aldennis
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by aldennis »

Hey its been a while now since my post regarding the Yahoo Zimbra Desktop for ZCS 6.0. Now we are using the ZCS 6.0 RC1 and still our laptop users were stuck in the latest release of Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop build 1652. (Our desktop users use the web client since they have unlimited internet within the office).:(
Still looking forward for the Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop able to match the new features of ZCS 6.0, such as running filters within folders and the "reading pane on the right" view. It rocks!:D
deletek

Post by deletek »

Now 6.0 is out and no new Zimbra Desktop yet, any roadmap would be nice ...
15539sam
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by 15539sam »

pm.zimbra.com was updated with Zimbra Desktop timeline. soon you will be able to drill down into each release and get more information.