can I forward only inbox?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

I want to be able to forward incoming mail to my cell when I am on the road but when I setup to forward even my spam folder gets sent. I have some filters in place that move certain emails to certain folders and that also gets forwarded. Any ideas on how I can setup a filter or something that will only forward mail from inbox?

thanks

Bill
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

I looked at mail filter but couldnt see where I could easily setup a filter to just forward items that are in inbox. There were many options for size, date, to:, from:.
chris.b

Post by chris.b »

I am also trying to do this and I am having the same problem as you bbarrons. Did you ever find a fast easy way to to this?
Cheers.
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

nope, I just gave up on it. I am sure someone has an easy way to do it but I decided that 100 junk mails to my phone to get 1 good one was not worth getting email forwarded.

Bill
y@w
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by y@w »

Ok, haven't tested this, so I'm not sure it will work for sure, but I'm fairly confident you can probably do that with filters. Remember that filters are executed in the order they're displayed in the list and to check the box "Do not process additional filters" on each of the types of messages you don't want sent.
Once the rest of your filters are setup, add a rule to forward everything that's not spam.
I.e.:

if (Any or All - there's only one rule!) Header Named "X-Spam-Flag" matches exactly "NO", then.. do your forwarding
Again, haven't tested for sure, but this *should* work.
y@w
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by y@w »

Ok, curiosity got the best of me so I tested it and it works..
One thing to add - make sure you add a second action to keep in the Inbox. Otherwise, it forwards and deletes :eek:
chris.b

Post by chris.b »

Great thanks y@w I will do that.
Cheers.