Zimbra Desktop/Yahoo Mail - suddenly stopped synching

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
walgie

Post by walgie »

Added Bug 88610 on 04/04/2014 addressing this problem. Received these comments on Bugzilla this morning:

" Rupali 2014-04-23 03:36:36 CDT

Hi Willyiam,
Recently yahoo has changed their policy to sync accounts so we have implemented the new policy in our latest ZD release ZD 7.2.5 It will be out soon , please upgrade and let me know if the problem exists.
Thanks

Rupali
Comment 4 Rupali 2014-04-23 03:37:10 CDT
marking as verified as it works fine in ZD 7.2.5"
I have no idea when the new release will be out, but it looks like ZD will be with us a little longer and the EOL threat will go away until the next anomaly.
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

[quote user="walgie"]Added Bug 88610 on 04/04/2014 addressing this problem. Received these comments on Bugzilla this morning:

" Rupali 2014-04-23 03:36:36 CDT

Hi Willyiam,
Recently yahoo has changed their policy to sync accounts so we have implemented the new policy in our latest ZD release ZD 7.2.5 It will be out soon , please upgrade and let me know if the problem exists. ....[/QUOTE]
I'm also having the yahoo problem.
Was there a v7.2.3 and v7.2.4?
The last version I am aware of is 7.2.2.
Seems like new versions come out about once a year in the last few years, unless I missed some. :confused:
walgie

Post by walgie »

The latest Windows version is 7.2.2. I believe 7.2.3 and 7.2.4 are non-Windows versions (Mac, Linux etc.).
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

[quote user="walgie"]The latest Windows version is 7.2.2. I believe 7.2.3 and 7.2.4 are non-Windows versions (Mac, Linux etc.).[/QUOTE]
I see. Thank you.
I sure hope they release the fix version for yahoo soon. I'm dead in the water. I am slowly getting away from yahoo because they are making their mail, groups,etc. worse and worse with every change. But unfortunately I am still stuck with a few of their mail accounts for the time being.
jj9823222

Post by jj9823222 »

This appears to have been reported to Yahoo. I'd suggest as many folks that have this issue chime in. https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/2106 ... ail-from-z
[quote user="sbbrown" have had this issue for over 24 hours. I can recieve email on my Zimbra Yahoo! accounts, but cannot send email. Outgoing email to send stays in the Outbox and does not send causing loss of sync. I have two accounts that this is happening on. And now during the weekend, I can only hope that this major issue is looked into quickly. Zimbra is not working properly for Yahoo! Accounts. Gmail is OK.[/QUOTE]
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

[quote user="jj9823222"]This appears to have been reported to Yahoo. I'd suggest as many folks that have this issue chime in. [/QUOTE]
That's a fair suggestion, but it's clear that the ZD team already knows about this problem and understands how critical it is. It has been a problem for several months apparently caused by the usual category of problems that has caused this kind of problem over the years -- changes in the way Yahoo handles its mail.
It apparently affects all Yahoo accounts.
What is not clear is when it will be fixed. Clearly it is a serious issue for Yahoo users, but going on several months now, AFIK no fix has been released. I've had other similar problems with ZD and had to wait a year for the next version, so you can't count on fast fixes. If you read the thread, however, there is a recent quote from a ZD developer saying that the fixed version will be released "soon." whatever that means.
That's the problem with free software, you really don't have any grounds for complaints. Patience is the only way to handle it.
walgie

Post by walgie »

Just a heads up - Anyone waiting for the fix to the sync problem: Version 7.2.5 GA 12038 has been released and is ready for download. Zimbra may also tell you that a new version is available.
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

Excellent. So far ZD has not told me there is a new version, but I will get it manually if it is available that way yet. Thanks for the info! The Yahoo problem is driving me NUTS!
15337Raunaq
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 15337Raunaq »

ZD 7.2.5 with the Yahoo sync fix is available now.
Michael Marr

Post by Michael Marr »

Well what do you know. Despite the assertions of ZD end of life in 2012, lo and behold Zimbra has sent out an update that fixes the Yahoo syncing problem. LOL. Version 7.2.5. And it even installs without me having to exit to an elevated CMD window to run misexec. Thank you.