Tags are not syncing to desktop on emails in Shared folders

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
unc0nnected

Post by unc0nnected »

So I have 1/2 dozen folders from other users on our server shared with my account and I noticed that for the desktop client only(works fine in web client) I am not seeing any tags on any of their emails. I have tried changing the access settings from view only up to admin and nothing does the trick.. I have made sure that I have the exact same tag name and color on my email account as on theirs and still nothing. Tags sync fine from my web client to my desktop for my email address only but not for any of the shares.
This is the main reason we use an email platform like zimbra instead of a simple postfix/dovecot server so i would greatly appreciate any assistance on this.
Thanks!
3244vmahajan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 3244vmahajan »

This is a known limitation of Zimbra Desktop.
unc0nnected

Post by unc0nnected »

[quote user="3244vmahajan"]This is a known limitation of Zimbra Desktop.[/QUOTE]
Is this something that is fixable on our end or something that's going to be addressed? Viewing tags on emails across multiple shared folders was the whole reason we migrated to zimbra :(
3244vmahajan
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 3244vmahajan »

The next major release of Zimbra Desktop will address this issue. For now you'll need to rely on the web client to use this feature.
edaross

Re: Tags are not syncing to desktop on emails in Shared folders

Post by edaross »

Tags in shared folders still seems to be a missing feature of the Zimbra Desktop client. Is there any ETA on an updated client that enables this feature?