Zimbra desktop client 7.1.1 windows 7, search bar is so small

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
dennis.jun

Post by dennis.jun »

Just upgraded to Zimbra desktop 7.1.1 but the search bar is so small! Anyone know how to extend or expand it? It's really annoying when doing searches.
zimbra_search_bar_small.png
tobru

Post by tobru »

It's the same on Linux after upgrading from 7.0.1 to 7.1.1

I even tried to cleanup the Prism cache which didn't change anything.
And as you can see on the screenshot, even the navigation is broken and many icons (like the Spam icon) are looking very strange.
Daphoid

Post by Daphoid »

It appears the search bar should stop near the last tab in the toolbar.
Yours is even shorter then normal when compared to a fresh install of Zimbra Desktop 7.1.1 (on OS X and Windows 7 SP1).
It's a CSS controlled element so editing the theme might do it. I'm not sure if the desktop appliance stores copies of those locally; or pools your zimbra server install for them. I'd suspect the former.
I did some tweaking C:Program Files (x86)imbraimbra Desktopjettywebappszimbracarbon where the skin.css and desktop.css files live (also a more rudimentary skin.html which contains a table layout) but my changes didn't take affect even after restarting the application; perhaps it notices if there's a difference in the file and uses another one from another directory - I'm not sure.
There's a couple values in skin.css for the search bar though; one specifically that sets a maximum width for the field, I tried upping that from 700 pixels to 1000 pixels; no luck though.
- D
xxlGuru

Post by xxlGuru »

I haven't tried this, but you might want to try fixing the CSS, then switching theme and switching back again. Zimbra seems to cache CSS in a file in you user file structure: AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktopdata mpdiskcacheskinreslatest

(BTW: ZD 7.1.1 works fine for me on Windows 7 with "Carbon")
tobru

Post by tobru »

That's the solution: Just clear the diskcache and start ZD again. Then everything looks fine! (You don't need to fix the CSS file!)
dennis.jun

Post by dennis.jun »

Yes, clearing the disk cache worked. Thanks! (del AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktopdata mpdiskcache*)