Need help overwriting the sound file.....

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
cscan

Post by cscan »

I am using ZD version 7.1.2 with Windows7 64bit. I have tried to change the email notification .wav file to one I like and can hear but it's not working. Can someone help me please? I have searched the forum and tried all kinds.... Need help:eek:
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

cscan

Post by cscan »

Yes, But what are the steps to overwriting the sound file. I deleted the alert and notify and adding my new .wav file is that how to do. I restarted and it doesn't make any sound now. I am using ZD 7.1.2 build 10978.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

I can only guess that you need to make sure the new .wav file has an identical path/name as the old one. Then I would suggest you stop the desktop client completely and restart it. It's been a long time since I've used Zimbra Desktop, so although I believe there's a way to restart ZD within the program itself, the only method I can say will absolutely work is to restart Windows.
cscan

Post by cscan »

I changed the my .wav file name to alert but it still doesn't work. Any more tips? I did restart my whole system but it still doesn't work.....Thanks for any help.......
cscan

Post by cscan »

I checked the file path/name and the only thing that is diffrent is zimbra's file is alert.wav and my file is alert.WAV. Is there a way to change my file to .wav? Thanks a million for any help!
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

It's fairly likely that the capitalization does matter.
While Windows doesn't care about capitalization, it can write it.
Just do
ren path oalert.WAV alert.wav
(where path o is the path to the file.)
Then restart ZD and see what happens.
cscan

Post by cscan »

Sorry but I am lost now. Where do I go or how do I do that. Just finding the file doesn't allow me to do that. So what am I missing.
ewilen
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ewilen »

You would do it in a Windows command shell.
E.g. in XP you go to the Start Menu, choose Run, and type "cmd" to get a command shell.
You might also be able to edit the name in the Windows Explorer (GUI) itself. I assume you can, but if you've tried and couldn't, then the command line interface is another way.