Desktop 2.0 GA and attachment size

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
PRL

Post by PRL »

I just updated my Zimbra Desktop from 2.0 RC1 to 2.0 GA. When composing a new email and adding an attachment, the attachment size message at the bottom of the window says:
"Note: Each attachment size limit is 1 GB"
The attachment size limit on our Zimbra 6.0.8 server is set to 20 MB, not 1 GB (which would be extreme if it were true). Does ZDesktop not pull attachment size information from the Zimbra server? If it doesn't/can't, then maybe this message should be removed or replaced with a different message so that users do not attempt to upload a 1 GB attachment.
SiliconJunkie
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by SiliconJunkie »

[quote user="PRL"]I just updated my Zimbra Desktop from 2.0 RC1 to 2.0 GA. When composing a new email and adding an attachment, the attachment size message at the bottom of the window says:
"Note: Each attachment size limit is 1 GB"
The attachment size limit on our Zimbra 6.0.8 server is set to 20 MB, not 1 GB (which would be extreme if it were true). Does ZDesktop not pull attachment size information from the Zimbra server? If it doesn't/can't, then maybe this message should be removed or replaced with a different message so that users do not attempt to upload a 1 GB attachment.[/QUOTE]
+1

... also, bug report filed - bug# 56165