Hotmail Support in Zimbra Deskop 2

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
aaltayeb

Post by aaltayeb »

I wanted to configure my hotmail account with Zimbra Desktop 2 but can't find an option for hotmail, so is hotmail still supported in zimbra?
aaltayeb

Post by aaltayeb »

Guys I only need to know if Zimbra Desktop 2support Hotmail accounts.
ArcaneMagus
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ArcaneMagus »

As it states on the Zimbra Desktop Features page, yes Hotmail accounts are supported.
aaltayeb

Post by aaltayeb »

Thank you Arcane, but I can't find hotmail in "Add New Accounthttp://http://www.flickr.com/photos/55924565@N06/5174991300/] src=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4092/517 ... c14690.jpg />

11-13-2010 6-28-41 PM by amt_taz, on Flickr
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="aaltayeb"]Thank you Arcane, but I can't find hotmail in "Add New Account" [/QUOTE]The quote below is from the Key Features section on the ZD page:
[QUOTE]Read email from any POP or IMAP email account including AOL, Hotmail or business email[/QUOTE]
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
aaltayeb

Post by aaltayeb »

Phoenix, I've read that zimbra support hotmail but I can't find a way to setup my hotmail in zimbra, in the Add New Account there is no option for hotmail, can someone guide me in here.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="aaltayeb"]Phoenix, I've read that zimbra support hotmail but I can't find a way to setup my hotmail in zimbra, in the Add New Account there is no option for hotmail, can someone guide me in here.[/QUOTE]The words I've highlighted in red in my previous post tell you how to do it, connect as either a POP3 or IMAP account.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
aaltayeb

Post by aaltayeb »

Thank you I didn't get it the first time, but if it says zimbra support imap on hotmail which doesn't work and gives me this error "??LiveMustUseLiveOrPop??", then why not say it clearly that it doesn't and that its coming on a new version maybe, the idea of zimbra is to give me total control of my emails and if I have to use pop with one of them then I don't have that control, anyway thank you for help, and BTW this one has the same issue Hotmail Exchange ActiveSync?
ArcaneMagus
Elite member
Elite member

Post by ArcaneMagus »

You can blame Hotmail for not supporting IMAP like any system really should. Zimbra fully supports IMAP, but Hotmail only supports POP connections for external clients (and they used to not even support that!).
aaltayeb

Post by aaltayeb »

Thanks Arcnane, I do blame hotmail for not supporting IMAP.
I only use IMAP and love zimbra for giving me a unique experience I've never seen in other clients, I've tried both Outlook and Thunderbird with both Gmail and Yahoo all those experience was terribly with me when I used IMAP.
I just thought Zimbra could have found a way to configure hotmail to work properly.
Anyway thank you for your support.