Change Password from webmail - Is it working on Active Directory?

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
agbiront

Post by agbiront »

Hi,
Last time I tried out Zimbra (don't remember the version exactly) when I tried to change the password of an account from the Webmail of that account it failed with a lot of errors. Searched the forums, and it looks like it just didn't work when using Active Directory.
I'm now using Zimbra 8.5.1, and I've configured once again to authenticate with Active Directory (Windows Server 2012R2). It works fine and stable. I'm using an outbound and inbound relay (ISP blocks port 25) with AV and Spam filter (not really necessary but, less work for my Zimbra server, I guess :) ) and everything just works... out of the box and following the KB.
Perfect!
So, I decided to try out once again if the "change password" issue was still happening. To my surprise, it looks like it's integrated now, and it should be working. Although, I need confirmation on this. I was tailing the logs when I tried to change a password, the Zimbra server did not gave me any errors, but the password didn't change.
The question is. Can users change their mail password from the Webmail, when authenticating with Active Directory? (And by that, change their AD password for everything else, obviously).
Problem is, some users just have an eMail account, and I have to point them to a Remote Desktop to enter their credentials and change their password when it expires, if Zimbra can't change it.
Maybe I'm missing some configuration...
pup_seba
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by pup_seba »

Hi,

That can't be done as far as I know.
shriram.sampat

Post by shriram.sampat »

The adpassword zimlet does this job, but I think it does not work with the latest version 8.5.1.

I am having the same issue. Letting users change their AD passwords via the webclient will be nice.