Zimbra webclient 8.5.x - spelling issues

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
msutherland

Post by msutherland »

I have recently upgraded a customer's NE 7.2.6 to 8.5.1 and now find that when doing a spell check, that no spelling suggestions are provided. Thinking that this might be an upgrade issue, I have now looked at another customer who I did a fresh 8.5.0 for and find the same problem. Luckily most of their users are using the ZCO so have not noticed, but my 7.2.6>8.5.1 almost all use the webclient and are rather upset. I have searched for others with this problem and come up empty! Surely this problem can not be unique to my server/browser combination?
msutherland

Post by msutherland »

Looks like spelling support rather depends on the browser being used, but this never seemed to be a problem in the past! Is no one else out there having this problem and which browser are you using. Discovered under Firefox that you can download a dictionary and then Firefox seems to underline misspellings even without using the Zimbra button. I was really hoping that users do not need to do this kind of thing to get spell checking working. Any experiences out there that could help? Thank you so much