Installing SSL Wildcard on Multiple Servers

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
h0d0r

Installing SSL Wildcard on Multiple Servers

Post by h0d0r »

I'm a Windows guy, so anytime I start getting into certificates and what not outside of Windows and IIS I usually end up in the fetal position, so bear with me.
I created my CSR on my Windows box for *.domain.com, and completed it on the same box.  I then exported the cert and key to a .pfx file.
Next I copied that .pfx file over to one of the mail servers, and ran the following command "openssl pkcs12 -in wildcardcert.pfx -cacerts -out commercial_ca.crt" in order to get the CA certificate in order.
The next step that I took was to run "openssl pkcs12 -in wildcardcert.pfx -nocerts -out commercial.key" to get the key, and "openssl pkcs12 -in wildcardcert.pfx -clcerts -nokeys -out commercial.cer" to get the certificate.
However, once I ran "zmcertmgr verifycrt comm commercial.key commercial.crt commercial_ca.crt" I received an error "Unable to load private key" "Expecting: ANY PRIVATE KEY"

Anybody see something I may have done wrong (aside from starting in Windows)?  I could revoke the cert and try and figure out how to do it all from this mail server in Linux I suppose.

Update:
I trashed the cert, did it in Linux with OpenSSL, and it was quick and painless.