after re-install I lost ZD integration

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
anderRS

after re-install I lost ZD integration

Post by anderRS »

I unistalled ZD with Revo uninstaller. After atualization to zd 7.27, ZD doesn't found original files in local application data folder and I lost all my emails. I have re-installed many times. In Windows 7 pro.
I uninstalled ZD but all data continues in the folder. There are 10GB in folder "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store". I can see all data (emails) in .msg format but ZD read nothing..
tonster
Zimbra Employee
Zimbra Employee
ZCS/ZD Version: Release 8.7.0_GA_1659.RHEL6_64_2016

Re: after re-install I lost ZD integration

Post by tonster »

anderRS wrote:I unistalled ZD with Revo uninstaller. After atualization to zd 7.27, ZD doesn't found original files in local application data folder and I lost all my emails. I have re-installed many times. In Windows 7 pro.
I uninstalled ZD but all data continues in the folder. There are 10GB in folder "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store". I can see all data (emails) in .msg format but ZD read nothing..
I guess I'd suggest contacting the vendor for Revo and asking if there's a way back? If you use a third-party software to remove a product, you can pretty well expect it's going to do things the vendor of that product doesn't support recovering from. I have no idea what Revo is or how it operates. If you didn't use the Backup functionality built into Zimbra to backup your data prior to blowing it away with Revo, I don't have a way to help you restore it now.
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi andreRS,
I think the Revo uninstaller have wipped your sqlite database, so now you have all your emails in the store folder, but without any structure.

I saw some tools over Internet that will import all your eml files into other software as Outlook or Thunderbird, but again without structure. Let me share this question to our Zimbra Desktop Engineers, so maybe they have a path to import all that .eml files into Zimbra Desktop again.

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

If Zimbra Desktop is uninstalled by any means then all data will be lost.
Upgrade should happen without uninstalling. Let me know if I am missing something.
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

If you have backup of data (message files) you may try to use "Import" option in ZD. (Go to Preference -> Import/Export)
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

anderRS

Post by anderRS »

jorgedlcruz wrote:Hi andreRS,
I think the Revo uninstaller have wipped your sqlite database, so now you have all your emails in the store folder, but without any structure.

I saw some tools over Internet that will import all your eml files into other software as Outlook or Thunderbird, but again without structure. Let me share this question to our Zimbra Desktop Engineers, so maybe they have a path to import all that .eml files into Zimbra Desktop again.

Best regards

I uninstalled ZD but all data continues in the folder. There are 10GB in folder "C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Zimbra\Zimbra Desktop\store". I can see all data (emails) in .msg format. But I believe that you are correct, I lost the structure (sqlite database).
For while I have used zimbra to outlook with Total Mail Converter. I recover my .msg files but are not organized. I need to reorganize more than 65,000 messages most of them repeated. So it is almost impossible to fix it.
After I would like to convert in zimbra format again...
jorgedlcruz
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Post by jorgedlcruz »

Hi andreRS,
10GB of Mail looks like you are using Zimbra Desktop for a Business, in that case and if you are using Windows, I recommend you install Veeam Endpoint and backup regularly all your Zimbra Desktop Folders, plus use the own Zimbra Desktop Backup option, and save the Backup in a folder which Veeam Endpoint can take it, same if you finally move to Outlook, protect the .pst it's critical.

If it's not too late you can always send your HDD to a professional recovery service so they can take a look and see if possible to restore all the Zimbra Desktop folder.

Best regards
Jorge de la Cruz https://jorgedelacruz.es
Systems Engineer at Veeam Software https://www.veeam.com/