how to find the data location of zimbra desktop local folder

General discussion about Zimbra Desktop.
lvhannan

how to find the data location of zimbra desktop local folder

Post by lvhannan »

I use zimbra server version 8.6 and zimbra desktop as user client, it works a great. Some time i move my old inbox email to my local folders on in zimbra desktop.
but there is a problem i can't find the location of the zimbra desktop local folders. Can anyone help tell me where is the location of local folders of zimbra desktop, in some case,like reinstall operating system, i have the backup my local folder data from zimbra desktop first .
lvhannan

Re: how to find the data location of zimbra desktop local folder

Post by lvhannan »

i thought many zimbra desktop user has same problem , we can use zimbra destop export data as tgz files, but some time we forgot to export, so it is best to find a way to import the direct physical path of zimbra desktop data to our zimbra desktop .
PriteshGajjar
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by PriteshGajjar »

On Windows it is under C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\Zimbra Desktop.
seg

Post by seg »

I don't see it there (don't have any AppData directory). I am using Windows 7 Ultimate. How can I share a Zimbra Desktop data file between Windows and Ubuntu? A wiki page https://wiki.zimbra.com/wiki/Moving_ZDB ... r_Location refers to Microsoft Outlook and I only see an outlook data file when following those instructions.
lvhannan

Post by lvhannan »

PriteshGajjar wrote:On Windows it is under C:\Users\<user-name>\AppData\Local\Zimbra Desktop.
thank you so much for the help, i find the data location on this path, one more question ,if i reinstall my win7 operation system ,and i backup the c:\username\appdata\local\zimbra folder, how can i import those my email data to my zimbra desktop, very appreciate your kindly help.