couldn't start

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
swentz

couldn't start

Post by swentz »

Hehe you should've read the whole thread :-p

Sorry, no offense, but I'm writing everything here several times ;-)
Of course I tried to start the service from the control panel. No luck.

And Event Log doesn't say a thing (look at one of my earlier posts).
Like I said, this is the *second* time this is happening. Of course I can reinstall again, but (as I also said earlier) I don't want to reinstall every 3 days ;-)
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

couldn't start

Post by jjzhuang »

Yup, I should have read the whole thread.
So every time after a successful install, are there system reboots before you start to see problems? The reason I'm asking is because that in the past we had a bug which caused deletion of installed files after reboot.
From your description I start suspect that some program files are missing after a few days. Because usually once everything is installed and running, it's hard to become this way if all files are there.
Thanks!
swentz

couldn't start

Post by swentz »

Ok.
I'm going to uninstall ZD and delete the complete folder. It will sync 600mb again, but... I hope it works now.
I'll let you know what happens.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

couldn't start

Post by jjzhuang »

Could you do one more thing? After a successful new install, but before you download data, make a copy of the entire folder. Then when the problem happens again, please find to diff the program files to see what's missing.
There are 5 data folders under folder: derby, store, index, log, redolog.
Other than both 5 data folders, the rest of the folders and files should remain the same by and large. When the problem happens again, see if you can spot any missing files. Thanks!
swentz

couldn't start

Post by swentz »

Ok I'll do.
FYI: I wasn't able to deinstall, had to do it by hand (taken from the wiki). Had the "blabla {0} blabla damaged" error. Sorry, can't remember it correctly ;-)
Is it still necessary to install to a folder without spaces? And can I choose another folder but c: (on Windows)?
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

couldn't start

Post by jjzhuang »

Ah, then you are indeed hit by this missing file issue. That error is the sure sign of that.
Do you remember what was the first version of desktop you installed? Was it build 1251, or even earlier?
swentz

couldn't start

Post by swentz »

I think it was the first public available version... Can't remember which build it was (hey I can't remember what I read 5 minutes ago ^^)
Could you answer my other question before I reinstall? Install location...
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

couldn't start

Post by jjzhuang »

yeah you can use spaces in build 1278.
mailmano

couldn't start

Post by mailmano »

hey now atleast tell me how to uninstall Zimbra desktop. I tried uninstallig and WIndows does not allow me to do that too. It says some error like JDR or JDE. Can any one help or should i take the pain of having Zimbra without any use for loving it.
jjzhuang
Elite member
Elite member

couldn't start

Post by jjzhuang »

Yahoo! Zimbra Desktop - Zimbra :: Wiki