failure to connect error with an unusual error

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

I got this error last night when I update my server to 5.0.24 and then updated desktop to latest version ( not beta). Since this is box only has 1 user and is used to test on it is not a big deal but I do not want to run into this error when in production. Since there is only 1 user and it is the admin I am not sure what to make of it. Any ideas?

thanks

Bill
Failure communicating with remote server. Please try again later. (debug info)
Debug message: permission denied: Only admins may listen to other account IDs
Exception:
com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapFaultException: permission denied: Only admins may listen to other account IDs

ExceptionId:btpool0-9:1284516001503:98e1b3f7a60f2c34

Code:service.PERM_DENIED

at com.zimbra.common.soap.Soap12Protocol.soapFault(Soap12Protocol.java:88)

at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.extractBodyElement(SoapTransport.java:266)

at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.parseSoapResponse(SoapTransport.java:227)

at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:295)

at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapHttpTransport.invoke(SoapHttpTransport.java:230)

at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invoke(SoapTransport.java:318)

at com.zimbra.common.soap.SoapTransport.invokeWithoutSession(SoapTransport.java:305)

at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:776)

at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:740)

at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:736)

at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflineMailbox.sendRequest(OfflineMailbox.java:732)

at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.createWaitset(OfflinePoller.java:93)

at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.runPoll(OfflinePoller.java:73)

at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.OfflinePoller.run(OfflinePoller.java:66)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="bbarrons"]I got this error last night when I update my server to 5.0.24 and then updated desktop to latest version ( not beta). [/QUOTE]You should try the new ZD 2 beta, you'll find it a better experience than the current ZD 1.x branch. Also see this: site:zimbra.com "Only admins may listen to other account IDs" - Yahoo! Search Results
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

HI Bill, thanks for the links. When searching I never seem to get the same hits as you post. I try putting the phrase in quotes and get nothing but you clearly have several hits on the same subject. But the funny thing is, there are quite a few posts about this and other errors but they are all single posts with no replies. I have noticed this before when posting about the desktop. The response to desktop problems is very minimal compared to the response I see when posting about zimbra.

I downloaded the beta and will see if that corrects the problem. Otherwise I see no answers to the problem.

I already ran fixperms twice to make sure I didnt mess up the folders and from what I can see all the perms are correct in /opt/zimbra so still not sure what the issue really is.

Bill
bbarrons
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by bbarrons »

I installed beta 2 and it solved the problem and everything looks great. Then I added another zimbra account from my other server and it has a different disconnect error. It keeps disconnecting. I was trying to send an email and autocomplete would not work for addresses. Gal would not list. It took sometime but email finally sent.

That account worked fine in the older version of zimbra desktop..... just want a little consistency......