Delivery failed: SendMessage request failed: Method context doesn't exist

If Zimbra Desktop had a sync failure, it may have told you to post your error in this section.
tajumulco

Post by tajumulco »

It makes me wonder, however. What if the so called new version does include a fix, and it works for about a month and then everything goes to crap again? If something is free, ok and I'm grateful. But that doesn't mean it should be useless. When I donate somthing, I don't donate spoiled or rotten food, shredded clothing or broken items. There is, even in charity, a sense of dignity for all, and that dignity should be part of the action of giving and receiving. If the company could no longer support FREE, it could have frankly said: "Hey guys, the ride is no longer free from now on, so pay or good luck". This could have saved time, resources, frustration and efforts for many. I noticed it wasn't until compaints grew in number that the company even bothered to say, explain anything of offer a possible fix.
michaelmarr

Post by michaelmarr »

[quote user="petepapin"]If I was willing to pay Yahoo $20/yr for the POP3 access, I would use MS Outlook and wouldn't NEED ZIMBRA Desktop.
I know there are other (better supported) free email programs out there (Thunderbird). I like Zimbra Desktop and would have liked to have stayed with it.[/QUOTE]
I have been fighting Zimbra updates since it was originally run by Zimbra. I paid the $20 for Yahoo Pop just to see if it would work with Outlook (it did) because I couldn't figure out the free Ypops. The best thing about Zimbra Desktop is creating subfolders and since I cannot do that with Yahoo I will continue to go to the browser to send mail until the fix comes in.
And for what it's worth, the free zimbra has always handled my mail fine but has never synched up my address books on Yahoo or Gmail. Even though it's likely just Operator Error, I think I have worked on computers for enough decades that if I can't figure it out then it's likely too hard for the casual user.
costa200

Post by costa200 »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]You are, of course, free to think whatever you like. As has been previously stated, he fix will be in the next version, I'm quite happy to wait for that and you can either wait for the new release or do whatever suits you.[/QUOTE]
you're "happy" to wait for over a month for a fix that is already made weeks ago for a deal braker problem? Unless you're not using a yahoo account, i can't see how you could ever be "happy" with this.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="costa200"]you're "happy" to wait for over a month for a fix that is already made weeks ago for a deal braker problem?[/QUOTE]There are other fixes that have to go into the next version of ZD and it also needs to go through QA, it will be release when it's ready.
[quote user="costa200"] Unless you're not using a yahoo account, i can't see how you could ever be "happy" with this.[/QUOTE]I am using a Yahoo account but two salient points. I don't use free email services for anything that's important to me and I still have access to the Yahoo account vis it's web interface. I see no problem with that and yes, I'm happy to wait for the next version. If you've read this thread then you'll see there is a solution to your problem, pay for the POP3 service from Yahoo and you'll still be able to retrieve your email via a fat client.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
lalaloopsy

Post by lalaloopsy »

Hi
I am a total newbie and not technologically advanced in any way shape or form. I have been having a few issues with my email since migrating with postmaster on to zimbra. In addition to this, I don't even know how to contact postmaster for help any more either. Have tried the old help page but think this is dead as have had no response yet. Hope you can help.
I don't think I am receiving some emails and I am having problems sending an email to myself (because I can't receive a confirmation email of a purchase lol) I have this info if it helps
method: [unknown]

msg: system failure: Unable to get SMTP session for [com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapAccount

code: service.FAILURE

detail: soap:Receiver

trace: com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException: system failure: Unable to get SMTP session for [com.zimbra.cs.account.ldap.LdapAccount ] ExceptionId:btpool0-1255://pm.vorari.net/service/soap/SendMsgRequest:1316217758183:ffc361321e0c73bd Code:service.FAILURE at com.zimbra.common.service.ServiceException.FAILURE(ServiceException.java:248) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getMailSender(Mailbox.java:577) at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.doSendMessage(SendMsg.java:188) at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SendMsg.handle(SendMsg.java:154) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEngine.java:412) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:287) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.java:158) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doWork(SoapServlet.java:294) at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.java:215) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:725) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(ZimbraServlet.java:208) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:814) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1166) at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.SetHeaderFilter.doFilter(SetHeaderFilter.java:79) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.servlet.UserAgentFilter.doFilter(UserAgentFilter.java:81) at org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter.doFilter(GzipFilter.java:132) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1157) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:388) at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:765) at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:422) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.rewrite.RewriteHandler.handle(RewriteHandler.java:230) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.DebugHandler.handle(DebugHandler.java:77) at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152) at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:543) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.content(HttpConnection.java:946) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:756) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218) at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:405) at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410) at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:451) Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: No SMTP hosts available for domain postmaster.co.uk at com.zimbra.cs.util.JMSession.getSmtpSession(JMSession.java:119) at com.zimbra.cs.util.JMSession.getSmtpSession(JMSession.java:159) at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.Mailbox.getMailSender(Mailbox.java:575) ... 37 more

request: Body: {

SendMsgRequest:

It seems to also come back with a very occasional " slow to respond" any idiot proof help appreciated. :):)
It now seems that postmaster may have been subject to a spam attack and all mail in and out having issues. Had to join the support section in my email and lol, they are sending me an email to confirm. Might be able to join in next week some time then. The only thing is, I had an argos reservation code going to my email and I now can't get it :0)
costa200

Post by costa200 »

[QUOTE]If you've read this thread then you'll see there is a solution to your problem, pay for the POP3 service from Yahoo and you'll still be able to retrieve your email via a fat client.[/QUOTE]
If i was willing to pay for POP3 why would i use Zimbra? There are plenty alternatives out there with a much better support. I use Zimbra because it supports Yahoo's free accounts. In my case, i have an old account that sometimes receives mail. There is no way i'm investing a dime on that.
[QUOTE]There are other fixes that have to go into the next version of ZD and it also needs to go through QA, it will be release when it's ready.[/QUOTE]
Apparently, it will be released just in time for the next change on the yahoo side to brake zimbra again.
costa200

Post by costa200 »

Problem is fixed in the new update at last. Works flawlessly now.
ajaybharadwaj

Post by ajaybharadwaj »

I am using the latest version..
Update - It used to work till just now.
everytime I try sending email through Zimbra it fails and when I go to Yahoo we interface, it wants me to enter a captcha code before sending the mail..So it is either Yahoo not liking what Zimbra is doing or Zimbra setting some header info incorrectly -
Update 2 - it is working now so it is not Zimbra but Yahoo..
dywang
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dywang »

[quote user="michaelmarr"]I have been fighting Zimbra updates since it was originally run by Zimbra. I paid the $20 for Yahoo Pop just to see if it would work with Outlook (it did) because I couldn't figure out the free Ypops. The best thing about Zimbra Desktop is creating subfolders and since I cannot do that with Yahoo I will continue to go to the browser to send mail until the fix comes in.
And for what it's worth, the free zimbra has always handled my mail fine but has never synched up my address books on Yahoo or Gmail. Even though it's likely just Operator Error, I think I have worked on computers for enough decades that if I can't figure it out then it's likely too hard for the casual user.[/QUOTE]

By default address book is not synced, you need to check the option at edit account page.
akl

Post by akl »

[quote user="10330phoenix"]It works fine for me with the ZD 7.1 beta on Linux & various flavours on Windows.[/QUOTE]

Phoenix, not a very useful reply considering you are a "Zimbra Consultant & Moderator"..
People are obviously having this problem (including myself) so it cannot be a one off and must be a issue that needs fixing.
Please can we get a more useful reply..
Many Thanks
AKL