Zimbra not starting

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
mozzie

Zimbra not starting

Post by mozzie »

Hello. I have installed the Zimbra windows client on my new Windows 8 computer. When I click on the desktop item (or from the program menu) nothing happens...Zimbra will not start.
The short cut points to C:WindowsSysWOW64cscript.exe "C:Program Files (x86)imbraimbra Desktopwin32zdrun.vbs"
I have uninstalled and re-installed but still will not start!
I installed zdesktop_7_2_5_ga_b12038_20140417012326_win32 - although I'm using a 64 bit computer!
Regards
Paul
Cartigny

Zimbra not starting

Post by Cartigny »

Paul, did you get it working yet? I have the same problem, it worked fine with the previous version of Zimbra but even uninstalling 7.2.5 and installing 7.2.2. doesn't help I get a message script zdrun.vbs row 305 rror can't find the path, code 800A004C runtime error
glenarmes
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Zimbra not starting

Post by glenarmes »

I have seen from time to time that if you do not right click on the installer and "Run as Administrator" Windows doesn't install the application properly. Can you uninstall and download the latest version that matches you operating system and right click on the installer and "Run as Administrator" . Please let us know if you can't start the application after this? We do appreciate you!
Cartigny

Zimbra not starting

Post by Cartigny »

Paul, sorry I am still working with webmail, but that is a problem when on the road! Still no reaction from Zimbra!
Cartigny

Zimbra not starting

Post by Cartigny »

Glenn, I have windows 8.1 when i right click the installerfile i don't have the option to "run ad administrator" the only option is to "install" and that is what i did before with no succes.
glenarmes
Zimbra Alumni
Zimbra Alumni

Zimbra not starting

Post by glenarmes »

I do apologize, if the file is a .msi, you would run a command prompt or powershell by right clicking and running as administrator. . Once in the command prompt or powershell navigate to the directory of the installer. Type the file name and the application will launch with elevated privileges.
You could also try running the command below from a command prompt or powershell as well.
runas /user:<administrator username here> "msiexec /i <Path and Filename of MSI>"

Please let me know if this works for you.
thomoc

Zimbra not starting

Post by thomoc »

I just tested the install & run of Zimbra Desktop 7.2.5 on Windows 8.1 64-bit, and it appears to have worked ok. Just did the normal "click & install" (i.e., didn't use Run as Administrator, etc.).

Can you please try starting yours again, and then provide the end (last 20 lines or so) of each of these log files?

C:Users<username>AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktoplogzdesktop.log

C:Users<username>AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktoplogzdesktop.out
Cartigny

Zimbra not starting

Post by Cartigny »

Thom, sorry, no result and no log files in this directory. There are a lot of .tmp (i think one for eacht time i tried to install) directories but no log directory.

But Zimbra doesn't start, the windowsscript host comes with a runtime error. on row 305 "can't find path code 800A004c
thomoc

Zimbra not starting

Post by thomoc »

It looks like 800A004C is a Windows path error. Please confirm this path - do you use a C: drive, and is any part of this directory path missing on your system?

C:Users<username>AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktoplogzdesktop.log

C:Users<username>AppDataLocalimbraimbra Desktoplogzdesktop.out
Cartigny

Zimbra not starting

Post by Cartigny »

Thom, there is no directory "log" only "zd_backup" "zimbra desktop" (both empty) and some tmp directorys