Zimbra Desktop installation problem

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
sakkalyoncu

Post by sakkalyoncu »

I have a problem while installing Zimbra Desktop on Windows 7. I installed the application using zdesktop_2_0_b10580_win32.msi. It didnot give any error message.
After installation, I try to start the application but it always giving "a script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding..." and "Script: file///C:/....../win32/prism/components/ForceOnline.js:180" and only two buttons I have. One says "continue", other says "Stop script". When I select "continue" it gaves the following error message and stops.
"JavaScript Application", "Couldn't access Zimbra Destop server. ...".
I donot have any Zimbra Server installaed in my site. I just want to check the connectivity and performans while connecting to Exchange. Is it possible first? Do I need Zimbra Server? Can I use Zimbra desktop to connect, only for, Exchange?
Please could someone help me on this issue?
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Do you have any firewall and/or anti-virus/spam/spyyware applications running? If you do I'd suggest you disable them and try staring ZD again and see if it works.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
dvlasich

Post by dvlasich »

I've not been able to get Zimbra Desktop to connect to our Exchange 2010 server. We have IMAP port open (993 with SSL), but it keeps telling me it can't access. I'm inside the firewall, besides, having to diable our firewall and spam filters to install 700 users would not be practical. Is anyone else having similar problems?:mad:
etnevels

Post by etnevels »

When I install I get this error at the end of the process when the desktop is launched - hence it will not launch. I have turned off all antivirus during install and uninstalled and reinstalled several times, same error:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5270[/ATTACH]
zimbraerror.gif
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="etnevels"]When I install I get this error at the end of the process when the desktop is launched - hence it will not launch. I have turned off all antivirus during install and uninstalled and reinstalled several times, same error:[/QUOTE]So you've added your post to a 'similar problem' that isn't similar to yours, the thread is two years old and the version in use is ZD 2 - none of those is a good idea and in future you should start a new thread.
Did you search and try some of the solutions already in the forums?
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra