Move ZD Settings To "New Computer?"

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

It's not actually a new computer, it's a new hard drive in the same computer.
When I reinstall Zimbra on the new drive, is there something on the old drive I can copy to the new one to transfer all my ZD settings, accounts and data to the new drive?
Thanks for any help.
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

Hello? Anyone there? :o
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

Is it lonely in here or is it just me.
Hundreds of views but not a single comment. Is there no one who knows the answer to this question? Or should I assume the lack of an answer means there is no way to do it?
:confused:
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Why don't you just copy the original folder structure to the new HD (make sure you keep a copy) and then install ZD to that location? I seem to remember doing that a long time ago, it my or may not work.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra
Ryan1
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by Ryan1 »

Thanks for responding phoenix... I appreciate it.
I can certainly try that.
But what I was hoping for was a definitive way to do it before experimenting so that I don't screw anything up on my nice fresh drive and Windows installation.
Doesn't look like that is coming, so your suggestion may be the only option.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

Ryan1 wrote:But what I was hoping for was a definitive way to do it before experimenting so that I don't screw anything up on my nice fresh drive and Windows installation.
The worst thing that would happen is that you: a) might not get it to 'find' your current data or b) you might have to uninstall it but it certainly won't do anything bad to your PC.
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra
ponty

Re: Move ZD Settings To "New Computer?"

Post by ponty »

I know this thread is really old, but this "issue" doesn't seem to be addressed anywhere else.

I had been scouring the net to find a way to do migrate all of my accounts--not just from one computer to another, but also from one platform to another (i.e. Windows to Mac and Linux). I couldn't find this information anywhere. However, there is good news--I figured it out myself. It's possible to migrate the configurations even between platforms.

Navigate to the Zimbra Desktop settings user data directory. (i.e. ~/zdesktop on Linux). Copy ONLY the "index" and "sqlite" folders to the ZD settings user data directory in the new location. This may require that you run Zimbra Desktop once on that computer/platform first to initialise the directory.

The next time you run Zimbra Desktop, you should see all of your accounts! Good luck!

Ponty
JimmyTrona
ZCS/ZD Version: 0

-

Post by JimmyTrona »

Hello Experts
I want to run processmaker in a company. I installed bitnami version of PM on the companys server, but it does not work.
Is it possible to run ProcessMaker in this way or I should install in manual way?
Looking forward to your comments.
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Re: -

Post by phoenix »

JimmyTrona wrote:Hello Experts
I want to run processmaker in a company. I installed bitnami version of PM on the companys server, but it does not work.
Is it possible to run ProcessMaker in this way or I should install in manual way?
Looking forward to your comments.
What does your question have to do with any Zimbra products?
Regards

Bill

Per ardua ad astra