Tried to update-wouldn't open. uninstalled/reinstalled- now windows script host erro

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
shuling

Tried to update-wouldn't open. uninstalled/reinstalled- now windows script host erro

Post by shuling »

I tried to update zimbra desktop. It wouldnt open so I uninstalled it, downloaded again and reinstalled it. now getting a runtime error....
Script: C:Program Files (x86)imbraimbra Desktopwin32zdrun.vbs

Line: 74

Char: 9

Error: Path not found

Code: 800A004C

Source: Microsoft BVScript runtime error
Please help.
AJW

Post by AJW »

I'm having a similar issue to this, only difference is that the users client was bombing out with the same error before the upgrade to 7.2.1, when the users client was on 7.1.4 the error was reported as Char: 3, all other details the same, however after the upgrade it is reporting Char: 9 the same as the OP. We have removed and reinstalled both the 7.1.4 and 7.2.1 clients to no avail and have removed and reinstalled the prerequisite Visual C++ redistributable as well but with no change in the error's being reported.
Has anyone come up with a solution to this yet?
sirio81
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sirio81 »

Hi, I'm having the same problem on a windows 7 client.

I've been told that computer lost power during zimbra desktop installation.

I tried to remove and reinstall zd but it doesn't start.
version: 7.2.2
Any idea?
mbp

Post by mbp »

Same exact problem. Any luck as of now? I am a business using desktop on 5 machines and am now down on my main machine. Zimbra was working fine then I did the update and no luck. I got the same script error as mentioned above. I tried to reinstall an older version and get the same error so now I'm down on one machine.
sirio81
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by sirio81 »

Not realy.

If you rename/delete the user data folder, zimbra desktop will start fine...from scratch.

This means your local mail are lost.