a network error occured while attempting to read from the file

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
3118ZenMasta
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 3118ZenMasta »

I attempted an update yesterday and probably didn't pay attention do all the dialogues I just assumed it worked. But after I was not able to launch ZD client. I'd see a little window flash and then close almost instantly, even after reboot.
I downloaded the full client and attempted to repair install but I get this error
a network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:/update.msi
The path will differ depending where you try to install from, originally I was installing from desktop then I moved the zdesktop_7_2_1_ga_b11637_20120906071254_win32.msi
to c: to see if that would help but it did not... any ideas? I have disabled antivirus with no difference as well.
Kearnee

Post by Kearnee »

[quote user="3118ZenMasta"]I attempted an update yesterday and probably didn't pay attention do all the dialogues I just assumed it worked. But after I was not able to launch ZD client. I'd see a little window flash and then close almost instantly, even after reboot.
I downloaded the full client and attempted to repair install but I get this error
a network error occured while attempting to read from the file: C:/update.msi
The path will differ depending where you try to install from, originally I was installing from desktop then I moved the zdesktop_7_2_1_ga_b11637_20120906071254_win32.msi
to c: to see if that would help but it did not... any ideas? I have disabled antivirus with no difference as well.[/QUOTE]
Am having exactly the same problem. However, I am nowhere near as calm about it as ZenMasta is....arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
3118ZenMasta
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by 3118ZenMasta »

I am also using zimbra as my mail server, no emails or anything are actually saved on my computer. So I just uninstalled complete, and deleted Local SettingsApplication Dataimbra from documents and settings user. Reinstalled and re added my accounts. A small hassle but I couldn't wait forever. I had to re download a couple of zimlets though.
Sorry that's probably not helpful for you.