How do you install and activate themes

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
db77

Post by db77 »

I downloaded some themes and copied them into the install path directoy (zimbrajetttywebappszimbraskins) but when I go to change them in the preferences, general tab they are not selectable.   there are only two themes I can change to, smoke and carbon.
Dan2343

Post by Dan2343 »

I believe Version 7 hard-coded the themes. I would like to get Twilight back since on Mac it zebra stripped with decent contrast thought it could be improved. I would like a gray zebra strip to match Mac modern theme.
db77

Post by db77 »

If that's true that stinks. There were actually like eight different themes that came with the install in the theme directory but you can only pick between carbon and smoke on the preferences tab.

I'm looking for a free mail client that does imap well and doesn't have that washed out blue/white minimalist Chrome look.

I played with Zimbra 7 for awhile and it seems to fit the bill except I cannot customize it's appearance much. Note to developers.....aesthetics matter.

Fix the skins!
Dan2343

Post by Dan2343 »

You can use Thunderbird IMAP. There is code to create zebra stripping of header list.