installing Zimbra on OS X

Need some help getting Zimbra Desktop set up and working?
ClaudiaP

installing Zimbra on OS X

Post by ClaudiaP »

Hi there,

I just attempted an install of Zimbra Desktop for the first time on Mac OS 10.9.5. When I opened the app, a white screen appeared with circling dots in the center. After some time, an error message appeared saying that a script was busy or unable to complete. I had the option of stopping the script or continuing and waiting to see if it would complete. First, I clicked continue, but that eventually led to the same message. Then, I clicked stop, but the circle did not stop. Eventually I did a force quit, trashed the app (everything to do with the app), and downloaded it again. Same thing happened. This time I tried force-quitting the app and then rebooting the machine, but once I relaunched, the same thing happened yet again. After force-quitting the app again and relaunching, I got another error message, this time saying "Couldn't access Zimbra Desktop server. If issue persists after reinstall, please check logs for errors and report to http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-desktop. I didn't check the logs because I would have to spend some time figuring out how to do that on a Mac. But if you direct me I can.

I found one similar report in these forums dating back to 2012 and couldn't quite understand the response of support, which seemed to be not to use Zimbra on a Mac. That seemed weird. I use the Zimbra web client through my ISP without trouble, but want a desktop. I chose Zimbra because I thought it would work well with what my ISP is already set up for...

Thanks.