Zimbra not affected by log4j (CVE-2021-44228)
After intensive review and testing, Zimbra Development determined that the 0-day exploit vulnerability for log4j (CVE-2021-44228) does not affect the current Supported Zimbra versions (9.0.0 & 8.8.15). Zimbra Collaboration Server currently uses log4j1 version 1.2.16 which doesn't contain the lookup expression feature that is found within versions 2.0 to 2.17, which is the cause of the vulnerability. Also, Redhat (CVE-2021-4104) vulnerability does not affect the Zimbra Collaboration Server version (8.8.15 & 9.0.0). For this vulnerability to affect the server, it needs JMSAppender, which the ZCS Server does not use, and the ability to append configuration files.

Web client wastes tons of vertical space with two-line format

(Formally Chit Chat) Anything Goes (Almost). Should be somehow Zimbra or communication related.
kbulgrien

Web client wastes tons of vertical space with two-line format

Postby kbulgrien » Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:07 pm

While changing PCs I've come to realize that Zimbra Desktop has been EOL for a while. Though it occasionally (rarely) burped and had to be restarted, I very much liked it.

I've opened the Web Client, and I HATE its gratuitous waste of screen real estate. Does anyone know how to change the display format to one-line per e-mail thread like Zimbra Desktop did? I've looked around but don't see anything obvious. I guess I'll walk through the multitude of themes. The two-line format is NOT awesome.

JDunphy
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15_P28 RHEL8 Network Edition

Re: Web client wastes tons of vertical space with two-line format

Postby JDunphy » Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:19 pm

I may not be understanding what you are saying but the theme I use (hotrod) didn't work for my linux workstation with firefox because there was too much spacing. I did this:

Code: Select all

mail:~/Zimbra/patch-scripts:46> cat fix-skins.sh
#!/bin/sh

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:$PATH export PATH

#
# Note: needs to be run as root
#

theme="/opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/skins/hotrod/skin.properties"

# Only add if not present
grep "JAD" $theme > /dev/null 2>&1
if [ $? -ne 0 ]; then
su zimbra -c 'echo "
#JAD
# Actual line-to-line spacing is 2px more than this
ListItemHeight = height:16px;
TreeItemHeight = height:16px;" ' >> $theme
fi

su - zimbra -c "/opt/zimbra/bin/zmprov flushCache skin"

exit 0

I have to do this sometimes after updates and upgrades of course. We didn't see this spacing problem with other platforms but perhaps this gives you an idea of a workaround if this is the spacing problem you are talking about.

HTH,

Jim
L. Mark Stone
Elite member
Elite member
ZCS/ZD Version: 8.8.15 Network Edition

Re: Web client wastes tons of vertical space with two-line format

Postby L. Mark Stone » Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:57 pm

If you really want to go very deep indeed down the Themes rabbit hole in the Classic web UI, this link is for you:

https://files.zimbra.com/docs/skins/Themes.html

Hope that helps,
Mark

Return to “/etc”