E-mail settings for the EVO

Take your Zimbra with you!
Skydiverjeff69

Post by Skydiverjeff69 »

I have tried to research the website for settings on my Evo and the following is the best I've been able to come up with:
Protocol - POP

Email address - name@company.com

username - name@company.com

password - *******

pop server - mail.company.com

security type - none

server port - 110
This is the only setting that I've been able to use to receive e-mails on my phone, Ive tried everything. The problem is that I haven't found the correct settings to send e-mails from my phone. When I try "exchange", I get an error about wrong username or password even though I enter them correctly.
PLEASE HELP!
xeon
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by xeon »

Your best bet is to use IMAP if your Zimbra server is FOSS. If Network Edition then Exchange would be your best bet. However it seems like you are a user and not an administrator. Contact your Zimbra administrator to properly setup your email on your phone.
arrowheadsolutionsllc

Post by arrowheadsolutionsllc »

I am getting the same error message, even though using the Exchange ActiveSync. I am the administrator, although don't know much. We have Zimbra via our Homestead webpage account. I have added the Homestead Suite to our email accounts that should allow us to access our Zimbra email from our mobile phones. I am using:
email address:

Server Address: mail7.homsteadmail.com (the address of our webmail)

Domain: our web address without the www.

Username; what i use to log into my email over the web

Password: password used to log into email over the web
Any ideas? The username and password are correct. Should I try going in and setting it up without the Exchange? I have used the Wikki directions and that doesn't seem to help either.
Thanks!
phoenix
Ambassador
Ambassador

Post by phoenix »

[quote user="arrowheadsolutionsllc"]Should I try going in and setting it up without the Exchange? [/QUOTE]The answer to that would depend on whether Homestead are providing you the service to connect to a Network Edition of Zimbra, I'd suggest you ask their support department what services they provide for a mobile connection.
Regards

Bill

Rspamd: A high performance spamassassin replacement

Per ardua ad astra