Zimbra 8, iOS and Battery

Take your Zimbra with you!
BarefootPanda
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BarefootPanda »

I've noticed since upgrading to Zim 8 that my users are complaining about iOS and battery issues.
Accounts that had always been setup and had normal battery life are now killing the devices. iPads and iPhones will go from full charge to 50% with no use in around 4-5 hours. Devices that used to last days with no use are dead in one.
Anyone else? Any solutions?
mackoftrack
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by mackoftrack »

[quote user="BarefootPanda"]I've noticed since upgrading to Zim 8 that my users are complaining about iOS and battery issues.
Accounts that had always been setup and had normal battery life are now killing the devices. iPads and iPhones will go from full charge to 50% with no use in around 4-5 hours. Devices that used to last days with no use are dead in one.
Anyone else? Any solutions?[/QUOTE]

We are having the exact same issue. We've found that a temporary workaround is to turn of 'Push' in the account settings. I have a support case open with Zimbra to investigate this issue.
CBAC

Post by CBAC »

[quote user="mackoftrack"]We are having the exact same issue. We've found that a temporary workaround is to turn of 'Push' in the account settings. I have a support case open with Zimbra to investigate this issue.[/QUOTE]

What did you find out from Zimbra about this issue we also have issues with this?
BarefootPanda
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BarefootPanda »

There are bugs open for this, but they had been closed and claimed 8.0.2 resolved this issue. I have not updated in our environment so I cannot verify.
What version are working with CBAC?
CBAC

Post by CBAC »

[quote user="BarefootPanda"]There are bugs open for this, but they had been closed and claimed 8.0.2 resolved this issue. I have not updated in our environment so I cannot verify.
What version are working with CBAC?[/QUOTE]
What case number was it and I am on version 8.0.2?
BarefootPanda
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by BarefootPanda »

Anyone having users complain in 8.0.3 now?
I'm still having issues. Not as bad, but worse than 7 for sure.
t.kuebler

Post by t.kuebler »

Our server is still running on 8.0.2, had no problem with iphone and battery until this week, ios update to 6.1.3.

what helped: i switched all sliders on iphone, settings.mail.zimbra account to the left, reset the phone ( pressing home button and on/off button until apple appears in display) and after reboot switched the sliders back to the right.

Battery problem is gone now.