NotifyLink vs. Blackberry Enterprise Server for Zimbra 5.0?

Take your Zimbra with you!
kraptv

Post by kraptv »

Has anyone gone over the pros and cons of both services to allow OTA calendar synchronization under Zimbra 5?
We are still under 4.5.X and are debating the renewal of our NotifyLink subscription and instead going towards Blackberry Enterprise Server.
Trying to figure out the costs involved with both, and what features you get with both.
Thoughts? We'd love em!
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gmsmith »

Personal opinion...NotifyLink is just pure crap. BES is a far better experience. Costs are obviously based on your user count. How many BB users do you have?
oayfer

Post by oayfer »

Hello,
We are considering setting up BlackBerry integration for our Zimbra deployment, and NotifyLink was suggested as an option. Your characterization of "pure crap" is interesting; would you care to expand on that?
We have
Thanks.
mgenova

Post by mgenova »

we have 30 bb users. we have had notifylink since the beginning of july. so far our major problems are synchronization with shared contacts (all contacts do not sync up). some users experience disappearing meetings their calendar (it shows up on their bb but not on their zimbra calendar).
anyone else having these issues?
dpmchris
Advanced member
Advanced member

Post by dpmchris »

My favorite NotifyLink 'feature' is the fact that overnight the CEO's daughter's calendar events all turn to "Tentative" regardless of the fact that she accepted the meetings in Zimbra, or on her BB for that matter.
Wish I could get around that sticky issue. Makes me thankful my iPhone syncs directly, but I don't think I can get them convinced to move to iPhones. (People love the battery life on the rinky-dink BB's)

C
beav0901dm

Post by beav0901dm »

[quote user="gmsmith"]Personal opinion...NotifyLink is just pure crap. BES is a far better experience. Costs are obviously based on your user count. How many BB users do you have?[/QUOTE]
Honestly I would really like to hear your definition of "pure crap" as most people who have issues with a product aren't completely up-to-date with the functionality. If you have any questions I'd recommend you contact Technical Support if you are experiencing any technical difficulties. :o
[quote user="dpmchris"]My favorite NotifyLink 'feature' is the fact that overnight the CEO's daughter's calendar events all turn to "Tentative" regardless of the fact that she accepted the meetings in Zimbra, or on her BB for that matter.
Wish I could get around that sticky issue. Makes me thankful my iPhone syncs directly, but I don't think I can get them convinced to move to iPhones. (People love the battery life on the rinky-dink BB's)

C[/QUOTE]
NotifyLink now indeed supports iPhone and iPod Touch devices. For further information please visit Notify Technology - Enterprise Mobility :cool:
gmsmith
Outstanding Member
Outstanding Member

Post by gmsmith »

[quote user="beav0901dm"]Honestly I would really like to hear your definition of "pure crap" as most people who have issues with a product aren't completely up-to-date with the functionality. If you have any questions I'd recommend you contact Technical Support if you are experiencing any technical difficulties. :o[/quote]
Definition of pure crap: well, it just doesn't work the way it should. At the point in time we looked at it (and lost a major deal because of it) It requires an additional client for email to sync to the blackberry. It was nothing more then an IMAP query every minute initiated by an outside server. It was hit or miss at best and the UI for the end user pretty much defeated the true blackberry experience. That is what I meant by pure crap. Oh and technical support, was pretty much a joke. I would never make a paying customer live with the NotifyLink experience. In fact, we have refused to sell it to folks, they went else where and have come back to us, saying "you were right."
I speak only for myself in this post.