mobile device info

Take your Zimbra with you!
BarrySDCA

mobile device info

Post by BarrySDCA »

Can someone point me to the documentation on zimbra and mobile devices?...black berries, pocket pc's, etc..
thank you
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

mobile device info

Post by 14319KevinH »

There are no public docs on this. At the moment you can sync each of these with desktop sync(using our Outlook Connector) for contacts/calendar and over-the-air IMAP for email.
In the next release you'll see our first beta for Treo/PocketPC based devices. Blackberry is something we are still working on and has not been released for public beta.
BarrySDCA

mobile device info

Post by BarrySDCA »

do you have an eta on the beta for pocket pc and blackberry?
thank you
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

mobile device info

Post by 14319KevinH »

PocketPC support will be in the next release which is slated for this month. Blackberry is slated for later this year. No specific dates yet.
BarrySDCA

mobile device info

Post by BarrySDCA »

will there be any extra fees for mobile device support?
thank you for answering me so quickly. I'm down to the wire on a decision for monday. I appreciate it.
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

mobile device info

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="BarrySDCA"]will there be any extra fees for mobile device support?
thank you for answering me so quickly. I'm down to the wire on a decision for monday. I appreciate it.[/QUOTE]
For the solutions we offer naively like PocketPC it will be included in the Network license.
BarrySDCA

mobile device info

Post by BarrySDCA »

great news...thank you. We are setting up our first zimbra box this month.
one wish for your mobile client.....I hope it's not too late for the first release:
I have the verizon client running now. A big problem is when it wakes up my pocket pc to do the sync. It's usually in my pocket during the event. The screen registers all kinds of random taps and buttons also all kinds of random clicks because the phone is moving around in my pocket.
It would be great if your mobile client made the device ignore all screen 'taps' and button clicks during sync, unless maybe a special key sequence was entered.
thank you,
14319KevinH
Ambassador
Ambassador

mobile device info

Post by 14319KevinH »

[quote user="BarrySDCA"]great news...thank you. We are setting up our first zimbra box this month.
one wish for your mobile client.....I hope it's not too late for the first release:
I have the verizon client running now. A big problem is when it wakes up my pocket pc to do the sync. It's usually in my pocket during the event. The screen registers all kinds of random taps and buttons also all kinds of random clicks because the phone is moving around in my pocket.
It would be great if your mobile client made the device ignore all screen 'taps' and button clicks during sync, unless maybe a special key sequence was entered.
thank you,[/QUOTE]
What software do you use to sync? Are you sync'ing an Exchange account?
BarrySDCA

mobile device info

Post by BarrySDCA »

no....it's the software that comes with verizon xv6700. they have a free service to sync to your desktop outlook w/out exchange.
It actually works pretty good but nothing beats hosting your own, IMHO.